47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Foden wins POTY.

Rodri is arguably more deserving, but he stands no chance competing with Rice (for obvious reasons), so it will be great if Foden gets it. 24 non-penalty goals and 10+ assists is a fantastic achievement. Hope he will add more goals and assists before the end of the season. They are likely to be vital.
I only give Foden the edge over Rodri because of that idiotic red card he picked up versus Nottingham Forest. Neither is a bad choice, though.

Keep him humble I think

Hes 23 and he's among the best in the world, very easy for him to get complacent and fall off a bit

Think Mbappe has shown this, the guy is a phenom and is the most naturally talented footballer in the world, but he thinks he's bigger than his club and lazy, at 30 that's om but not in your early 20's

Phil is so talented that he could easily start thinking that he's too good to do the pressing/dirty work as he's done it all, but keeping him challenged hopefully means his levels don't drop

Don't think its to "elevate" his performances, more to maintain
That’s as maybe but Foden doesn’t appear the type to get self-obsessed.

Mbappe, in contrast, seems the sort of personality the club generally avoids.

Referencing that famous picture; I doubt that, when he was sat on his backside at the edge of the Emptihad pitch as a ball boy back in the days of b&w telly, he could have even dreamed of the career he's had. Talk about Roy of the Rovers stuff.

Keep him humble I think

Hes 23 and he's among the best in the world, very easy for him to get complacent and fall off a bit

Think Mbappe has shown this, the guy is a phenom and is the most naturally talented footballer in the world, but he thinks he's bigger than his club and lazy, at 30 that's om but not in your early 20's

Phil is so talented that he could easily start thinking that he's too good to do the pressing/dirty work as he's done it all, but keeping him challenged hopefully means his levels don't drop

Don't think its to "elevate" his performances, more to maintain

I'll wait to see Mbappe in a better league to see if he's a phenom

Don't get me wrong, he's clearly very good. Doing it over the course of a season in a much tougher league than his league is the real test. He's done well in big world cup games but I don't believe international football is near the quality of a top league really.

I think he probably is a top player, I'm just reserving judgement about if he's this phenomenal player they say he is. I've never been that blown away by his ability, despite his obvious athletic gifts. That's not to say he isn't very good, he clearly is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.