47 | Phil Foden - 2024/25

Largely anonymous tonight unfortunately but it's understandable considering how long he's been out. Hopefully the minutes have done him good and given him a boost to get up to his usual standards.
He really wasn't out for long. He played 45 minutes against Chelsea on August 18 and then 45 minutes against Inter on September 18, so he missed three games for us (and actually was on the bench against Brentford). Definitely rusty but it's not like KDB coming back last year after months out injured

Doesn’t look happy at the moment. He played ok (a going through the motions sort of way. ). Obviously lacking match fitness ,but wonder if something going on off stage?

Doesn’t look happy at the moment. He played ok (a going through the motions sort of way. ). Obviously lacking match fitness ,but wonder if something going on off stage?
Perhaps Foden did not get enough rest after the super long season. Chelsea game was a bit rush I thought City would give him another 2-3 weeks.

Guess he isn't over the disappointment in the Euros. He'll be back to his normal self in a month or two. Needs several goals and the joy from scoring and performing well.

Did ok, nothing less, nothing more. Obviously needs more time to get into his rhythm. My only concern was he wants to play centrally and has the talent to do so but on two occasions he gave the ball away cheaply and they countered - all players can do that but both times he did he didn't even try to get back.

His game is built on movement and first touch and he'll be fine as I noticed Pep having a chat at the end of the game and I suspect it will be about those possessions.

He needs a night out with Jack & walker. Lad looks fed up. Probably screaming kids not helping as he’s so young himself

Looked rusty and lost the ball a couple of times. Probably match fitness. Don't see any reasons for conspiracy theories.

Have faith he will be back to his best soon. Him playing False 9 seems to be Pep's solution to Haaland's backup this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.