47 | Phil Foden - 2024/25

He will get back in. He’s too good not to. Those who are standing in right now have been excellent and proof of why having a well rounded quality squad is vital.
We are in pretty good shape regardless of the supposed lack of numbers.
See you soon Phil.

He will get back in. He’s too good not to. Those who are standing in right now have been excellent and proof of why having a well rounded quality squad is vital.
We are in pretty good shape regardless of the supposed lack of numbers.
See you soon Phil.
That’s the beauty of this squad.

When Pep replaces a player, there is no drop-off in quality, Jack showed on Saturday, and Phil did for the first half of last season, whereas most other teams don’t have the same level of talent to be able to do that.

That’s the beauty of this squad.

When Pep replaces a player, there is no drop-off in quality, Jack showed on Saturday, and Phil did for the first half of last season, whereas most other teams don’t have the same level of talent to be able to do that.
There was a time not so long ago when you worried what the absence of certain players would do to our game but that has been diminishing season by season to the point I’m comfortable whatever the line up.

You don’t take antibiotics for a virus, Pep

Surprisingly, the NHS GP's didn't seem know that, they told my old man he had some sort of stomach virus on 3 occasions and gave him antibiotics each time.

Turned out he had esophageal cancer when they finally sent him to get tested about 3 months after they should, by then it was too late.

Although to be fair to Pep, he's not speaking his first language, he might not literally mean virus, could be an infection or something.

Can’t wait for him to be back, he gets straight into our starting lineup alongside Rodri & Kev behind Savinho, Haaland & Grealish.

There was a time not so long ago when you worried what the absence of certain players would do to our game but that has been diminishing season by season to the point I’m comfortable whatever the line up.
The comforting thing is the more Pep evolves this squad the more multifunctional our players have become. The LB problem we once had is no longer a problem. Pep signed Gvardiol as one of the most promising LCBs in Europe and transformed him into a highly efficient LB, and when he doesn't play there we have Ake. And when Ake isn't available we have Akanji who does a capable job at LB. Some on here were flapping about Rodri not playing but up steps Kovacic and Young Rico Lewis and we've won our first 3 games, and we haven't missed Rodri tbf.

Foden is a multifunctional player who has played all across the front line and although he's said he prefers to play as a CM he's happy enough to play where he's asked to and there's no sign of him throwing a tantrum when he's on either wing.

The thing I enjoy watching most is our fluidity and interchanging positions during the game. Sometimes it's confusing who's playing where to me and I bet opposition defenders are thinking this. Pep always seems to have a trick or two up his sleeve and although some of his formations and tactics in the past have cost us the long term game throughout the past seasons keeps us one step ahead. And Gundogan in the squad gives us more options than we had without him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.