5 home games 21/22 to be able to buy a ticket for United game !?

Anybody know if the 5 home game rule relates to having attended or just having bought a ticket for. I'd assume you just need to have purchased the ticket for it to count?

Anybody know if the 5 home game rule relates to having attended or just having bought a ticket for. I'd assume you just need to have purchased the ticket for it to count?
Purchased 5 home tickets would be my guess?
I’m struggling with this new criteria, I can get one on mine but not another on any of my friends and family membership as the closest to that criteria is my mate who went to 3 last year. I did 9 homes. Driving 3 and a half hours yourself isn’t the one though!

It’s a massive jump up from last year where it was 3 home games ever to now 5 home games last season!

My missus bought 3 home games and 2 wembley tickets and my son transferred about 6 games and she bought tickets for the 2 games. So not sure on the rules.

I’d love to hear some recommendations. I’m open to anything, as long as it’s edible. I’ll stay away from Italian food though since that’s the bull of what I eat here.

How long of a walk we talking here?
How did you get on mate? Where did you end up before?

THIS IS DISGUSTING.

I attend 4-5 games per year, some away in CL, when I live in Atlanta, GA, USA. Last year I attended 3 home (Crystal Palace, United, Sporting CP) and West Ham away. I even got to Porto the previous year for the CL final !

Last week I renewed my Cityzens and booked flights for the Sep/Oct to cover the home game v United. And now the club tell me "I'm NOT worthy" of being able to buy a ticket for this game as the criteria is 'must have attended 5 home games during 21/22 .... WTF !?

Is it right for me to be angry ? or should I just chill, and accept this is the new City, that makes decisions not in the best interest of their overseas fan base ?

Five seems a lot, I agree. Three seemed a reasonable requirement to me. By the way, I myself am an overseas supporter, although I admittedly don't fly across an ocean for matches.
I haven't read through the entire thread — I've got a bit of a life — but, you know, it's probably been said that there are a number of ways round this. What the club wants to avoid is people simply coming for the one marquee match of, say, Liverpool, or United, and blocking out people who have been coming for years and years, who went through the dark days, who can no longer afford a season card, and who would give their eye teeth to attend one or both of those matches. And that doesn't seem to me to be completely out of order, frankly. I hold a season card, I can't of course get over for the 18 home matches, but I make absolutely sure that my seat is never empty. And I don't only come over for the Liverpool/United/Chelsea games. Just saying.
As I say, there are ways round this.

By the way, just a coda to this. As far as satellite tv coverage goes, the scheduling of the matches is often neither in the interest of the players or above all of the match-going fans. It is entirely in the interests of people (i.e. among others, overseas supporters of City, but not only, of course) who are in the States or in China, or suchlike places, who want to watch the match on a screen. That's determined by the companies themselves, of course, but I imagine they sit down and work it out with the clubs involved.

Last edited:

I'd strongly imagine that when the turnstile goes beep, it's recording your ticket by reading the bar code on it, not just the fact that someone's gone through with a valid one. In these days of mass surveillance I'm sure the software is easily available for that. So if you just bought the tickets and didn't go, they'd have some way of knowing you didn't attend (and nobody else did).
I don't like the mass surveillance that we're all under now — in fact I hate being filmed twenty times every time I walk down a street minding my own business — but my view, for what it's worth, is that in this instance that's only right, frankly.

Thanks for the thorough response. I’ll definitely do some more digging. I’ll already be within 20 minutes of the Etihad from my place.

I know this goes directly against your initial stricture about eating Italian (!) but I strongly recommend the Pasta Factory, on Shudehill, Northern Quarter. It's a bit pricey, but excellent. Not sure if it's open in the evenings. Might be better off going after the match if it is. I'm a brisk walker, and I suppose it takes me about 25 minutes to the stadium, 30 at the outside. Or you can just pick up the tram from very close to the restaurant.

I have got 1 ticket via my own cityzens membership. (Luckily I met the strict criteria)

I have someone who is transferring me their season ticket for this one today so I have the second ticket for my wife.

Can they transfer me their ticket even if it’s in their wallet.

And would it flag that I already have one associated with my supporter number.

Please help with some advice, thanks.

Five seems a lot, I agree. Three seemed a reasonable requirement to me. By the way, I myself am an overseas supporter, although I admittedly don't fly across an ocean for matches.
I haven't read through the entire thread — I've got a bit of a life — but, you know, it's probably been said that there are a number of ways round this. What the club wants to avoid is people simply coming for the one marquee match of, say, Liverpool, or United, and blocking out people who have been coming for years and years, who went through the dark days, who can no longer afford a season card, and who would give their eye teeth to attend one or both of those matches. And that doesn't seem to me to be completely out of order, frankly. I hold a season card, I can't of course get over for the 18 home matches, but I make absolutely sure that my seat is never empty. And I don't only come over for the Liverpool/United/Chelsea games. Just saying.
As I say, there are ways round this.

By the way, just a coda to this. As far as satellite tv coverage goes, the scheduling of the matches is often neither in the interest of the players or above all of the match-going fans. It is entirely in the interests of people (i.e. among others, overseas supporters of City, but not only, of course) who are in the States or in China, or suchlike places, who want to watch the match on a screen. That's determined by the companies themselves, of course, but I imagine they sit down and work it out with the clubs involved.

Just to ‘fine tune’ your post a little.

I have spoken with club representatives and they confirmed the primary reason for this purchasing condition is to avoid (or significantly reduce) the possibility of away fans being seated in areas allocated to home fans. And, they will be reviewing this for next season, acknowledging that there may be alternate ways of achieving this objective.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.