5 home games 21/22 to be able to buy a ticket for United game !?

I was able to get tickets against Nottingham Forest. August can’t come quick enough.

Can you, or anyone here recommend anywhere before the game I can go for some food & a (few) pint(s)?
I'd stop in Ancoats for a beer or two and some food, happy to recommend places depending on what you're looking for, a leisurely walk up to the ground, a beer in Mary Ds if that's an experience you feel you should have, and then into the ground for kick off.

I'd stop in Ancoats for a beer or two and some food, happy to recommend places depending on what you're looking for, a leisurely walk up to the ground, a beer in Mary Ds if that's an experience you feel you should have, and then into the ground for kick off.
I’d love to hear some recommendations. I’m open to anything, as long as it’s edible. I’ll stay away from Italian food though since that’s the bull of what I eat here.

How long of a walk we talking here?

I’d love to hear some recommendations. I’m open to anything, as long as it’s edible. I’ll stay away from Italian food though since that’s the bull of what I eat here.

If you’re going to Piccadilly Station then the Waldorf is quite good before and is near the station. Hetherington’s is a nice stop off on the walk to the ground and as suggested above Mary Ds is an experience if you want a sing song etc before the game. It really depends what you’re after.

I do it between 15 and 25 minutes depending on where you are in Ancoats and the route you take, but I'm a fast walker. If you leave yourself 30 minutes, though, you should be alright. The walk across the new Islington canals, and then up the canal towards City is probably a touch longer but also a nice Manchester thing to do, especially if the sun is out, and gets you off the busy main roads.

Cutting room square is probably one of the prettiest parts of the city centre, and you could do hip hop chip shop for a twist on a match day classic, a pint in the Edinburgh Castle, which is a new "traditional" boozer, a pint in Seven Brothers, one of the city's better breweries, and then head up to the ground. But there is everything from Vietnamese to Portuguese tapas to really good wood fired pizzas on the square, and other things close again (see below). There's also a sports bar on the square if you want to watch the early kick off. I actually don't go to that part of town before the football very often, but I'd be shocked if there weren't blues milling about the place before a game.

If you’re going to Piccadilly Station then the Waldorf is quite good before and is near the station. Hetherington’s is a nice stop off on the walk to the ground and as suggested above Mary Ds is an experience if you want a sing song etc before the game. It really depends what you’re after.
Thanks! My place is within 20 minutes of the Etihad. Basically just want somewhere I can get a few pints.

I do it between 15 and 25 minutes depending on where you are in Ancoats and the route you take, but I'm a fast walker. If you leave yourself 30 minutes, though, you should be alright. The walk across the new Islington canals, and then up the canal towards City is probably a touch longer but also a nice Manchester thing to do, especially if the sun is out, and gets you off the busy main roads.

Cutting room square is probably one of the prettiest parts of the city centre, and you could do hip hop chip shop for a twist on a match day classic, a pint in the Edinburgh Castle, which is a new "traditional" boozer, a pint in Seven Brothers, one of the city's better breweries, and then head up to the ground. But there is everything from Vietnamese to Portuguese tapas to really good wood fired pizzas on the square, and other things close again (see below). There's also a sports bar on the square if you want to watch the early kick off. I actually don't go to that part of town before the football very often, but I'd be shocked if there weren't blues milling about the place before a game.

Thanks for the thorough response. I’ll definitely do some more digging. I’ll already be within 20 minutes of the Etihad from my place.

You can always go in the Waldorf near Piccadilly, they do food and a coach to the ground for £2

Thanks! My place is within 20 minutes of the Etihad. Basically just want somewhere I can get a few pints.
If you’re that close I would just go Mary Ds if I were you, it’s not to everyone’s taste but there’s two sides to the pub, one where people sing etc and the other just like a normal pub. Or Summerbee Bar in City Square and just soak up the atmosphere beforehand as you can watch the build up on a screen with a pint.

If you’re that close I would just go Mary Ds if I were you, it’s not to everyone’s taste but there’s two sides to the pub, one where people sing etc and the other just like a normal pub. Or Summerbee Bar in City Square and just soak up the atmosphere beforehand as you can watch the build up on a screen with a pint.
I’ll look em up. I’m just too excited to be going to be honest with you lol. And getting into the Etihad… how’s that process? Fairly easy yeah?

As I'm a fucking Jonah watching City lose everytime they've been to the Etihad I'm glad to miss this game for the sake of the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.