5 home games 21/22 to be able to buy a ticket for United game !?

Impeccable One

THIS IS DISGUSTING.

I attend 4-5 games per year, some away in CL, when I live in Atlanta, GA, USA. Last year I attended 3 home (Crystal Palace, United, Sporting CP) and West Ham away. I even got to Porto the previous year for the CL final !

Last week I renewed my Cityzens and booked flights for the Sep/Oct to cover the home game v United. And now the club tell me "I'm NOT worthy" of being able to buy a ticket for this game as the criteria is 'must have attended 5 home games during 21/22 .... WTF !?

Is it right for me to be angry ? or should I just chill, and accept this is the new City, that makes decisions not in the best interest of their overseas fan base ?

You must have been lucky to get CL final ticket. You might be again.

Making it easier for local fans is not controversial.

There was some luck involved, but there was more money than luck :O I didn't get from the club, I bought it on the open market, as I wanted to be there.

Agreed, local fans shoulod certainly be considered, but this type of decision alienates all overseas fans ...

It is making it harder for all Members for the big games, especially without knowing last season when attendance patterns dipped for a lot of people.

More are being top sliced for other money making schemes, like they do with away tickets. Otherwise they would just do it on a sliding scale.

I'd suggest it's a ploy by city to get more bums on seats for the less attractive games where we traditionally have empty seats. Stage one was the silver season card and now this five games rule will mean that whilst not going to help this season supporters will be mindful of this for next season so will attend games they otherwise may not have attended to ensure they qualify to try and buy a Derby ticket

I'd suggest it's a ploy by city to get more bums on seats for the less attractive games where we traditionally have empty seats. Stage one was the silver season card and now this five games rule will mean that whilst not going to help this season supporters will be mindful of this for next season so will attend games they otherwise may not have attended to ensure they qualify to try and buy a Derby ticket
They advertise the membership as having first dibs on them kind of tickets though. Just how they’ve tricked people into a season ticket waiting list they have deceived people further again here. “Give us £35 for access to match tickets” without telling you certain games you may not be able to access.

Why not use a ticket point cutoff to decide which members can have first chance to buy tickets for the big home games? The system is in place and ready to use. That will reward people with a sustained history of support and won’t penalise them for a year when they may not have been able to get to as many games as they would have liked for whatever reason.
@Impeccable One I’d contact City and explain about the flights you’ve booked etc. Hopefully you’ll get a sympathetic response.

THIS IS DISGUSTING.

I attend 4-5 games per year, some away in CL, when I live in Atlanta, GA, USA. Last year I attended 3 home (Crystal Palace, United, Sporting CP) and West Ham away. I even got to Porto the previous year for the CL final !

Last week I renewed my Cityzens and booked flights for the Sep/Oct to cover the home game v United. And now the club tell me "I'm NOT worthy" of being able to buy a ticket for this game as the criteria is 'must have attended 5 home games during 21/22 .... WTF !?

Is it right for me to be angry ? or should I just chill, and accept this is the new City, that makes decisions not in the best interest of their overseas fan base ?
Buy hospitality. That’s what the club expect for “foreign” fans. Logic being if you pay that much to come over what’s another 150 quid or so,,

THIS IS DISGUSTING.

west ham away
league cup or prem ?
if it was the prem how did you get a ticket for that
league cup was midweek and bigger away alocation

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.