5 home games 21/22 to be able to buy a ticket for United game !?

Do you reckon it will be sold out. I seem to think it may not be but it may be wishful thinking on my side, unfortunately went to only 4 games last season?

I think it would have been better to do it by Cityzens points otherwise what is the point of that?
100% correct. The points system goes completely out the window for Cityzen card holders.
For example @Impeccable One has 15 seasons of going to City games.
A newbie who bought a membership last season went to his first 5 games.

The newbie gets a ticket ahead of @Impeccable One for the Rags and Dippers game.

It doesn't make sense.

THIS IS DISGUSTING.

I attend 4-5 games per year, some away in CL, when I live in Atlanta, GA, USA. Last year I attended 3 home (Crystal Palace, United, Sporting CP) and West Ham away. I even got to Porto the previous year for the CL final !

Last week I renewed my Cityzens and booked flights for the Sep/Oct to cover the home game v United. And now the club tell me "I'm NOT worthy" of being able to buy a ticket for this game as the criteria is 'must have attended 5 home games during 21/22 .... WTF !?

Is it right for me to be angry ? or should I just chill, and accept this is the new City, that makes decisions not in the best interest of their overseas fan base ?
Devil's advocate here.
If there are X number of tickets available and that number is not enough to meet demand, do you think you should get a ticket ahead of someone who went to 5+ games last season?

100% correct. The points system goes completely out the window for Cityzen card holders.
For example @Impeccable One has 15 seasons of going to City games.
A newbie who bought a membership last season went to his first 5 games.

The newbie gets a ticket ahead of @Impeccable One for the Rags and Dippers game.

It doesn't make sense.
someone who can afford corporate or a box
never been to game in their life
can get 3 tickets for any away prem game
thats what a lad i know gets via his dad
none of it is fare
its city,we have turnwd into them

They’ll be the resales of tickets listed for those season ticket holders that can’t attend. Better than an empty seat
I understand why the club is doing it, It's obviously to get bums on seats for the so called "lesser games".
I just don't get the Cityzen points system (or lack of it). My old man went to 4 games last season after being going since the 70's, He's just retired from work last year and isn't as mobile as he once was but he still travelled to 4 games. All the points he has built up since his first season ticket in 2004 at The Etihad counts for absolutely nothing.

I can see the clubs point of view of trying to fill the ground for lesser games, I can also see people's frustrations.

Why does last season count more than someone’s history following city?
Well they could change it to needing a certain number of a loyalty points instead but that would put a different group of people - and many of the same people - in the same situation.

Lots of people have been calling for a change to the loyalty points as it keeps the same people at the top of the pile. Maybe this is the start of that change.

It's also how most other clubs operate for ticket preferences.

I agree with you. But i also feel sorry for people like @Impeccable One as he lives so far away, He does well do get to as many as he does in all fairness.

The problem I have is I often had trouble getting some tickets last season yet when I get into the ground you see people that you certainly haven't seen before constantly recording themselves and taking photos ect in top of opposition fans being able to get their hands on tickets in the home end. I think that's bullshit.

I agree with you.
But is it possible to implement a system which everyone deems fair while maximising bums on seats.

Devil's advocate here.
If there are X number of tickets available and that number is not enough to meet demand, do you think you should get a ticket ahead of someone who went to 5+ games last season?
Definitely not asking for preferential treatment. We just need a fair system, and there will always be people on either side of where the cut off line comes down.

May I not answer your question, but pose you back another one; Should someone who bought a home ticket to Norwich, Brentford, Wolves, Crystal Palace & Brighton, and who gets to a match via a 50p bus ticket, and gave his mate two of those games because 'he couldn't be bothered', have preference over my scenario of 3 home games, 1 away, and travels thousands of miles (at great expense) ?

I don't want to suggest I'm better or more deserving, that's arrogant, and not me. I just think 5 home games, 25% of the season, is a PISS TAKE (my 2cents).

How about the last 3 years of loyalty points (Home games only ?) removes the issue of loyalty points gained from > 3 years ago and rewards those over a recent extended period, not just a one-off commitment ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.