#5 | John Stones - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's proper winding me up he isn't getting the credit he deserves. Even from some of our own fans last season they were downplaying his performances giving all the credit to Dias. Now slab head gets all the credit despite missing half the tournament injured. If I were him I would be beyond pissed off that I worked my balls off to win my place back and become one of the worlds best defenders and nothing gets said about it at all.

It's proper winding me up he isn't getting the credit he deserves. Even from some of our own fans last season they were downplaying his performances giving all the credit to Dias. Now slab head gets all the credit despite missing half the tournament injured. If I were him I would be beyond pissed off that I worked my balls off to win my place back and become one of the worlds best defenders and nothing gets said about it at all.
Maguire done superb since his introduction but Stones has just purred,last night was probably his slackest performance and yet still amongst the best players on the pitch.He and Maguire have formed a very good partnership in fairness.

Stones is a bona fide player of the tournament candidate.

Maguire done superb since his introduction but Stones has just purred,last night was probably his slackest performance and yet still amongst the best players on the pitch.He and Maguire have formed a very good partnership in fairness.

Stones is a bona fide player of the tournament candidate.
Nah, Henderson for me as player of the tournament, world, galaxy!

Best defence in the Premier League = Dias gets the credit
Best defence at the European Championship: Slab head gets the credit
Players like Stones end up getting lots of credit to overcompensate for this way down the line. It's like in 2006 every man and his dog would tell you Vidic and Terry were better than Ferdinand and Carvalho respectively, whereas now you get a lot of people preferring the latter pair.

Dias and Maguire are both highlight reel defenders. Dias makes these huge tackles and blocks and is extraordinarily loud. Maguire is a fridge shaped man who somehow dribbles through midfields, wins every header and is also rather aggressive.

Stones, like Ferdinand and Carvalho, is calm, cool, and collected. No real highlights. No attention. Without either thinking about the game on a deeper level or having a larger appreciation for the basics, Stones is just uninteresting.

He does some credit tbf, but it's mostly from the people covered in the previous sentence.

Slabhead has not improved the England defence , Stones & Mings looked capable and kept clean sheets the consistent theme of the back four has been Stones , but when you have a Rag playing alongside you they will always grab the headlines
Shaw is now the new Paulo Maldini and Sancho is a cut price Mbappe , but they will still win f*ck all next season in a Rag shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.