#5 | John Stones - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t say he was world class but had a great season but will always be crucified for any mistakes.

Would agree in the normal term of world class but there is such a lack of world class centre half’s at this moment in time that he has a right be labelled as that by default.

Screw "world class" - let's just say this.

Of all the center backs in the world that I'd want to start for City - 2 of my top 3 choices are starting.

Along these lines - Laporte - who last season would have ranked very highly - has - I think temporarily - experienced a dip in form - as he comes off injury.

Laporte, Stones and Dias will all want to start on a regular basis. Can we not move to a back three - at least every so often - to accommodate this, and to retain all 3 players? Yes, a back 3 is often seen as a defensive setup - but maybe the middle of the 3 pushes forward always... a false CB? - who knows...

At any rate, I'd like for us to retain Laporte next season - Laporte is class and should he leave our side - we'll likely be weakened as a team - as we're unlikely to replace him with a player of similar quality.

Stones and for that matter Maguire are doing well. England, as I've previously stated, must reach the finals, or something is horribly amiss - they've had a red carpet free reign having survived the knockouts - and yes, England did face Germany... but come on... Germany are crap on defense and iffy on offense.

England v. Germany - England for sure to advance - and they did.

Unfortunately for Stones he has a really 'quiet' style of play, so he doesn't tend to get the plaudits he warrants.

But it's another impressive performance.
Same again.

One moment that was standout was how he didn't dive in after Walker played that short pass early on. Stones kept his cool and kept his positioning smart, so when the shot went off it was easy for Pickford.

I'm bold enough to say John stones is world fucking class and has been absolutely mammoth since august 2020 (consistently.. He was also good before)

Same again.

One moment that was standout was how he didn't dive in after Walker played that short pass early on. Stones kept his cool and kept his positioning smart, so when the shot went off it was easy for Pickford.

I noticed too. Nothing heroic, just great defending. Force him wide, keep him on his weaker foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.