#5 | John Stones - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a real solid outing. There were a couple moments where he just showcased maturity and his ability to drive forward is helpful.

Hopefully having Laporte, Dias, and Aké takes some of the pressure off of him. I think if he's willing to accept he's not 1st choice this season he can quietly go about improving himself and finally getting there.

no doubt he'll be injured next week...

It's great that finally Pep has a common sense and is giving the minutes to the players - who are willing to fight and play for this club and therefore deserve the place more than the ones - who are running right from the beginning.

Stones is great defender when he is not injured and in a good shape. I think he will give a serious pressure to Ruben on this position.

Centurion <3

Best performance in a long time. Good for him. Central defenders look really solid with everyone fit.

He is a huge talent, in my view, beset by injury and personal problems for more than a full season. Hopefully, his body and mind will now allow him to become the player he can.

Most assured performance for ages. This lad always had the quality and I’ve always had faith he’ll get back to his best form of a couple of seasons ago. Really pleased for him too.

4th choice is perfect for him. You could argue it’s a huge fall from grace and he most certainly was not purchased as a 4th choice CB. However, he cannot be relied on as 1st choice, he has too many mistakes in him and he cannot be trusted to stay fit. At the moment, the pressure is completely off. He is no longer England’s great hope at CB and Dias has taken the focus at City. I have been one of his biggest critics on here but I will back him over that snake Garcia any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.