#5 | John Stones - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That performance was probably better than even I give him credit given everything that has gone on over the last year (which does affect players, they are human after all).

Very solid showing and should do wonders for his confidence.

Micah agrees! ;-)

Hopefully not being the star in defense will give him time to keep putting in performances like this, he and Ake were a rock.

He has time to keep pushing for a starting spot, and will only get it on merit.

Don't think there's a better 3rd and 4th choice in the PL than Aké and Stones.

Don't think there's a better 3rd and 4th choice in the PL than Aké and Stones.
I'm sure we'll be swiftly assured soon enough by the nation's press that Liverpool's 3rd and 4th choice are even better than everyone else's 1st and 2nd choice. In fact I think it's already started.

Superb performance tonight. Looked hungry, calm and confident, was aggressive without being reckless, well positioned at all times and brought the ball forward and passed it forward and at a tempo better than any of our cb’s have done all season. If we see form like that regularly he’ll get plenty of games to be more than just a backup.

I think cb has suddenly become our strongest position in terms of depth and quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.