5 | John Stones - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones should be captain.

Sooon.. once Gundogan and Kev are done. I know many favor Ruben. But John will be my choice.

Loved his reaction to his assist for EB's third goal. Sat on his backside, with his arms in the air. And the big guy going straight to him. You get the impression that they're a strong collective unit in the dressing room.
All Yorkshire lads together.

I have long championed the CB partnership of Stones/Dias, I simply think its the best one we have. Glad to see them getting into the groove after a bit of a wobbly start when Dias was brought on against Newcastle. I expect the partnership to go from strength to strength again now....at least until Laporte is fit again and Pep just fucking shoehorns him back in there ;)

Stones should be captain.

Sooon.. once Gundogan and Kev are done. I know many favor Ruben. But John will be my choice.
Plenty of opportunities in recent years to add him to the leadership group and it hasn't happened. I don't think he's a vocal enough leader for how captaincy works in our squad.

I think he does have some leadership skills but I don't think he or the club see him as a captain type. A bit too reserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.