5 | John Stones - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope all the health issues are behind Stonesy now. With him being fit, we are an entirely different animal.

Fantastic once again I thought in what was a relatively average performance from the rest of the defence in terms of playing out from the back.

The adaptability to play in midfield at one moment and part of a regular back 4 a few minutes later gives us such flexibility tactically, and almost everything he does on the pitch is perfect at the moment - there was one turn in midfield in the second half that KDB or Gundo would’ve been proud of.

He is one of the finest central defenders ever to play in England. He's got technical ability, grace, can pass, tackle, head and is calm under pressure. If he was playing in Spain, they'd be calling him the best defender in Europe. Amazing player and a bargain.

Probably the only one of the back 4 to maintain standards today. Held us together.
Akanji had a decent game for me, not his highest standard but still good, we didn't really play a back 4 yesterday, more a back 2, and it caused us issues (hence the goal), even though they still only managed 4 goal attempts, and just 1 on target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.