5 | John Stones - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweeper 2.0. It's fucking ridiculous really. He's just like, yeah, I'll take it up there. What? John, you're not a midfielder, don't make me laugh. I mean, he passes well enough but not really an amazing range. But he just gets off on winning that battle in tight areas over and over. I'm not really sure how. He's got too many good touches for a leggy defender. Always got another one when he needs to, like a real classy midfielder. And he's always balanced and upright.

Once upon a time you'd never take an MPV on a track and expect anything but mayhem from something so big, heavy, such a high centre of gravity. Then somehow they sorted the active suspension technology, put some trick stuff on, and now they handle better than normal cars did 10 years ago. That's John.

Sometimes feels like he is heavily underrated by the media. Seen a couple of best XIs this season from media outlets and it peeves me off how they all didn't include Stones - with them going for either Dias at CB or Walker at RB.

Both have been superb but IMO Stones has been our most important defender this season and many seemed to forget Stones was playing RB ahead of Walker for quite abit of time, which was pivotal to our run of form.

Soon the ‘Barnsley Beckenbauer’ will be insulting. This lad is the best centre back on the planet. I swear rival fans don’t ever update their opinion of him, so he’s criminally underrated outside of this club. They still remember the John Stones we signed, that made mistakes playing out from the back, that didn’t defend too great one v one (always backing off and off and off), that perhaps had a weakness aerially and could be bullied a bit (remember Falcao doing that)…. has a player ever improved all of their weaknesses as much as Stones has? Seriously, he’s now world class at everything and is even the best defender at the club on aerial duels. He’s a phenomenon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.