5 | John Stones - 2023/24

Terrible season from Stones.

The end of the last season in the biggest game in world football (Champions League ) he was world class and MOM.

This season he has had constant injuries and looked way off it when fit, he needs to get his act together quickly, can't carry passengers in a relatively small squad and with Ake also missing a lot of games it leaves us short at CB.
Just reading the different threads on different City players. My word according to alot of Blues most of our players are now shite. It's a wonder we won anything this season.

Just reading the different threads on different City players. My word according to alot of Blues most of our players are now shite. It's a wonder we won anything this season.
It’s one thing suggesting some players have had a poor season. It’s another to psycho-analyse their character.

Given we have 8 weeks or so before they can actually do anything to change anyone’s mind, it’s going to be a long old closed season.

It’s one thing suggesting some players have had a poor season. It’s another to psycho-analyse their character.

Given we have 8 weeks or so before they can actually do anything to change anyone’s mind, it’s going to be a long old closed season.
It'll be even longer for some if they don't leave John Boy alone!! ;-) *EB glare followed by a wry grin* :-) ;-)

That doesn't include you @Alan Harper's Tash :-)

Excellent point but we were not at our best last season and Arsenal are catching us rapidly. You have to improve when at the top that's a fact.,you can't stand still, players lose their hunger.

Excellent point but we were not at our best last season and Arsenal are catching us rapidly. You have to improve when at the top that's a fact.,you can't stand still, players lose their hunger.
That is all true but from day one Pep has done a great job at freshening things up season after season. Four titles in a row is proof of that.

That is all true but from day one Pep has done a great job at freshening things up season after season. Four titles in a row is proof of that.
Exactly and he moves on players when he sees fit snd let's players leave when they no longer want to be at the club.
In terms of Stones I think there is a fair argument in questioning his situation. His form had slumped badly and playing into meaningless international fixtures on the Eve of our most important games leaves a bad taste for me for a player I had great admiration of.

Was looking like himself until the England games when he got injured. Didn’t seem to fully recover at all.
See how he gets in at the euros. Hope he can get some run of fitness for us cos a fit stones is our best defender (Gvardiol may have a say next season)

We all know how good he is when fit. Top defender and more.
City had times when they found the perfect dose of minutes for his legs
but then England called and it's all down the drain.

Actually he should end his international career this summer to offer his quality to City or - as a tough consequence - move on. We need a fit and reliable squad.

(Btw, Aké played 3,053 minutes compared to Stones' 1,800 last season)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.