5 | John Stones - 2023/24

I think John has looked a little sluggish to be honest. I don’t think he is 100% fit. He must be frustrated with his lack if an out ball too. Invariably it is Kyle that is receiving. Mainoo and Rice snuffed out by Solvakian forwards for most of last night.

I think John has looked a little sluggish to be honest. I don’t think he is 100% fit. He must be frustrated with his lack if an out ball too. Invariably it is Kyle that is receiving. Mainoo and Rice snuffed out by Solvakian forwards for most of last night.
Same with Palmer. Numerous times he was holding his palms out asking where his passing options were. Hardly anyone was showing for the ball.

Johnny is looking far from right.

Where has the John Stones gone that was MOM in the Champions League final?

Totally disagree. He's the one holding the team together and the one getting them playing anything near to a passing game. Without him we'd be complete shite.

He's limited to playing a more straightforward centre-back role by Southgate, but don't ignore how important he is still.

He's managing that whole defence. He does the same when maguire is there. He's babysitter and defender. Guehi has been good to be fair, but he's still prone to the odd mistake. Whoever comes in there for the next game - john will see them through - though that might not be enough for us to win.

Totally disagree. He's the one holding the team together and the one getting them playing anything near to a passing game. Without him we'd be complete shite.

He's limited to playing a more straightforward centre-back role by Southgate, but don't ignore how important he is still.
He was utter gash yesterday, come on.

Guehi was done well considering his lack of big game experience.

No one in this squad though comes out with any sort of credit.

He has looked sluggish all season, sadly gone backwards from the player who was simply magnificent in the treble season.

He still looks way off peak fitness and has lost so much pace, although to be fair that probably from lack of confidence.

He was utter gash yesterday, come on.

Guehi was done well considering his lack of big game experience.

No one in this squad though comes out with any sort of credit.

Nonsense. What did he do wrong?

I don't think he did great on the goal, but he was less at fault than Guehi (for not tracking the runner, though he had just taken a knock to the head), and Walker, who played the runner onside.

Guehi's doing okay, but getting the helping hand of lower expectations thanks to playing for a lesser team. Kalvin Phillips made a career out of it, but then was eventually found out. Guehi may end up the same, who knows.

As @madloaf mentioned, he's also babysitting the defence. It's what he used to do when Maguire was there too, but Maguire would get the praise for winning some headers or hoofing some clearances. Being calm in that veritable shit storm takes some doing, and John pretty much manages it. Despite often having nobody showing for the ball.

The only negative I'll say is that any kind of topline speed seems to have gone, hopefully he's not totally broken when he gets back to us.

Nonsense. What did he do wrong?

I don't think he did great on the goal, but he was less at fault than Guehi (for not tracking the runner, though he had just taken a knock to the head), and Walker, who played the runner onside.

Guehi's doing okay, but getting the helping hand of lower expectations thanks to playing for a lesser team. Kalvin Phillips made a career out of it, but then was eventually found out. Guehi may end up the same, who knows.

As @madloaf mentioned, he's also babysitting the defence. It's what he used to do when Maguire was there too, but Maguire would get the praise for winning some headers or hoofing some clearances. Being calm in that veritable shit storm takes some doing, and John pretty much manages it. Despite often having nobody showing for the ball.

The only negative I'll say is that any kind of topline speed seems to have gone, hopefully he's not totally broken when he gets back to us.
No english player so far comes out with any credit.

Yes the manager is shit but so what, your playing for your country and this squad has been appalling to a man.

Take off the blue glasses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.