5 | John Stones - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could have just as easily pulled up in the 5min on Sunday and everyone would be losing their heads. If he can't play two games in a week then it is getting close to the the time where he is no good to us.

Extremely unlikely but we can all hope that this "injury" has been masterminded to keep him away from these England games and he starts against liverpool.
Hope you are right but probably just wishful thinking. It would be great if he was ok for the Liverpool game.

I'm struggling to see where I said I'm not happy? Doesn't look like you can read. You seem like a very angry person, are you alright?

No one is beyond reproach in any line of work.
Nope, I’ve just re read what you posted and my point remains.
I’m happy as a pig in shit our kid. You think Pep should be called out for his decisions and I think he’s earnt his right to make whatever decisions he wants even if they don’t work.

Luckily for us you are not the manager.
In Pep and John Stones I trust. They know what they are doing. It just didn’t work as they’d hoped on Tuesday.
He’ll be back strong and raring to go sooner than we may think.
Eh?

That is exactly what I have said. Pep, John and the entire army of staff deemed him fit to play this game, yet many on here are calling it out as its the wrong decision and his time should be managed. The club will have left no stone unturned with trying to find a long term solution

Dias is 3 years younger but both have played similar amount of career games.
Shows how many Stones misses through injury

Amongst many other things he brings a composure that is hard to replicate. Dias looked at his imperious best which give me some calm, and I like Rico a lot, but i'm not entirely sure who does this job comfortably without Stones. We'll find a way. We usually do.

I’d rather he played for us than Wallie Waistcoat!!!

Yes I would like England to win something but my team is Manchester City!

Good for you. I support both and I'm as patriotic about my country as I am Manchester City, especially as this current squad is generally so much more likeable and relatable than when we had the likes of Gerrard, Lampard, Ferdinand and Terry.

Has there been any confirmation of the extent of the injury/ recovery times?
Numerate several and you have your answer.

His last three soft tissue injuries have seen him miss an average of 8 games.

29 now and I think unfortunately this season will see him miss the most number of matches since he joined us.

We are always conservative on injuries unless there is a trophy at stake ( Laporte being a case in point )

I don't know how serious this latest injury is but irrespective of whether its a calf muscle or a hamstring I don't expect to see him available until the new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.