5 | John Stones - 2023/24

I think a lot was asked of him and he is not match fit. I definitely think he can play midfield and he doesn’t need anyone holding his hand.

I've never seen him take so long to play his way back from injury. Really hope there isn't a bigger problem.

Looks so rusty. Did a lot of things good in the 1st half and did a lot of things poorly in the 2nd. Looked pretty tired and was surprised he wasn't brought off earlier.

What I will say is that we played so much differently last night to how we functioned between March and June last year. He was never in a position to be exposed like he was last night and he didn't go in midfield a lot last night because the full back's did that job instead.

Easing his way back in. A makeshift 11 and he was more exposed than usual. Was slow and ponderous with the ball as he was against Villa. Hopefully just a lack of match sharpness.

Another game under his belt and a move towards full fitness , a vital part of our team if we are going to win trophies , if we can keep him fit until May we are in with an outside chance of back to back trebles, image that and the size of the vat of boiling piss.We would be undeniably the best British football team ever.

I didn’t the was bad at all on Wednesday?! I also thought he did a great job as Captain, calm as, allowing the young ones to have a good one.

If he’s fit, he should start. Simple as that. If it was about fitness then fuck the meaningless midweek CL game off for today’s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.