5 | John Stones - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a fucking nonsense opinion that’s why it’s not popular.
It’s a fucking nonsense opinion that’s why it’s not popular.
To someone with a basic level of intelligence perhaps. I think it is valid and I am entitled to that view. Now I am in no rush to heave him out the door as he has value when available. It is just that his availability has become rather limited.
A valid point is that he may not fetch that much in the market and we should just stick with him. That has some merit and needs consideration.
My final thought is that he gets over his latest knock and comes back strong for the seasons close. He managed that last year to good effect.

We already have his replacement in Gvardiol but he is not finished article yet.

There's no other player in the market that close to his ability and impact atm. So difficult to replace.
Gvardiol isn’t a Stones replacement, as he’s left sided and left footed. If anyone is, it’d be Akanji, although Dias can play on the right, too, with a left footer. Ake, Gvardiol and Gomez are our left sided defenders, with Lewis in a pinch.

Gvardiol isn’t a Stones replacement, as he’s left sided and left footed. If anyone is, it’d be Akanji, although Dias can play on the right, too, with a left footer. Ake, Gvardiol and Gomez are our left sided defenders, with Lewis in a pinch.

Gvardiol isn't immediate Stones replacement atm, he will in the future when he is more familiar and adapted with Pep tactics.

John Stones improves ever single aspect of our play and every defender in the defensive line. He is a wonderful player. It is a tragedy that he has been injury prone for some time, for football, not just for us. These are his appearances by year with us: 41, 29, 39, 24, 35, 27, 34 and 12 - he plays about half our games across a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.