5 | John Stones - 2023/24

It won't be a popular opinion but I think it might soon be time to sell John. It is not possible to carry someone who is constantly unfit due to rudimentary issues. I fear that it will really hurt us this season. Sadly he is a player whose absence is missed almost as much as Rodri. Fortunately for us Rodri like Ferno and Yaya before him is highly reliable. John is brilliant when around but far too often he is away on leave. Replacing him will not be easy however.
So popular it got all those likes. Everyone entitled to an opinion, but yours, on this occasion, was bobbins. I hope for your sake Eccles Blue hasn’t seen this post

Great news, having Stones in the team will definitely make us stronger and provide the control we don't have currently.

So popular it got all those likes. Everyone entitled to an opinion, but yours, on this occasion, was bobbins. I hope for your sake Eccles Blue hasn’t seen this post
Oh I’ve seen it all right but I was too disappointed to respond! I have just put @Father Paul on my watching carefully list and definitely not on my Christmas card list!!
If he picks on JB again I’ll invite him outside…not for violence but to make him do my garden on match days so he misses the game!!! I am not a violent person. :-) ;-)

John is a player for the latter half of the season, a big game player. He always performs in the big games for both club and Country. If it means he misses a few months then so be it.

I don’t think he gets enough recognition for how cool he is in big games. He was mint in that QF in the world cup v France. CL QF/SF/F. Crucial games in run in.

It won't be a popular opinion but I think it might soon be time to sell John. It is not possible to carry someone who is constantly unfit due to rudimentary issues. I fear that it will really hurt us this season. Sadly he is a player whose absence is missed almost as much as Rodri. Fortunately for us Rodri like Ferno and Yaya before him is highly reliable. John is brilliant when around but far too often he is away on leave. Replacing him will not be easy however.
I seem to recall Stevie Mee at Dipperpool had a lot of injuries upto his late 20's.

He's an asset worth investing in because his returns outweighs the absences.

I seem to recall Stevie Mee at Dipperpool had a lot of injuries upto his late 20's.

He's an asset worth investing in because his returns outweighs the absences.
They were more during the early part of his career. They reckoned he was still growing into his early 20’s. I know a lad who has had the same problems. Jonny is 29 and injuries just seem something he always suffers from. Like Vinnie he’s worth having for when he’s fit and if he can play most his games at the business end of the season then great.

Great news, having Stones in the team will definitely make us stronger and provide the control we don't have currently.
Won 8 and drawn 1 in the last nine games in all competitions. Not bad for a side lacking control.

Seriously though; I sort of get where you're coming from. There's been a few "edge of your seat" games in that lot. Luton, Everton and Newcastle spring to mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.