5 | John Stones - 2023/24

I love Johnny but I think it's time we got Branthwaite.

At 30 years with an injury history it might not be a good idea to rely on him to do 30+ games a season.. even if we do get him to sign an extension which would be very deserved!
I suggested this with reluctance earlier in the season and took some flac. Just don't see him been able to put together a decent string of games going forward. A move to somewhere like Girona might make sense at this stage of his career.

Is he carrying a knock? Seems strange for him to be on the bench so much when he’s so important to us when fit.

What's the reason he isn't playing now available?, seems odd when we have clearly rushed him back early a couple of times this season. Is he still carrying something or has Pep dropped him from his 1st choice line up?

Plagued by injuries all season. His worst return in minutes, 1,768, since 19-20 when he managed only 1,584. By way of comparison, he has also been asked to play 191 minutes of international football this season.
Be surprised if we seem him in the remaining two fixtures, but we might want to have a word with him, Walker, and de Bruyne on calling time on international football this summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.