5 | John Stones - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen tolmie saying on Twitter there’s rumours that Stones has done his hamstring :( Please no.

Nuancing it slightly - the rumour is that he may have a problem with his hamstring not that he has done his hamstring.
That aside, this is why we need to hold on to Eric and Kyle if possible.

Nuancing it slightly - the rumour is that he may have a problem with his hamstring not that he has done his hamstring.
That aside, this is why we need to hold on to Eric and Kyle if possible.
If Stones is out for a while it limits the tactics Pep used at the end of last season where he pushed into midfield. I am sure he will have plenty of other options but neither Eric or Kyle could do that role.
I'd like Walker to stay but Laporte is far too good a player to be warming the bench all season.

If Stones is out for a while it limits the tactics Pep used at the end of last season where he pushed into midfield. I am sure he will have plenty of other options but neither Eric or Kyle could do that role.
I'd like Walker to stay but Laporte is far too good a player to be warming the bench all season.
but strangely not seemingly good enough for us to be swatting away bidders, same with Bernardo essentially.
Laporte would improve a hell of a lot of teams, at 40m why aren't they knocking the door down?

I mean, this is really Lewis primary purpose as I see it. Sure he can play as an 8, but he made his name last season as the template for what stones became. If stones is injured or needs to be strategically rotated to stay fit, my back 5 would be

-------rodri------lewis-------
Ake--------dias--------akanji

Obviously gvardiol can rotate in there as well. I would say if walker goes we need someone else who can play as a centre half. I think gvardiol is being eyed as the left sided stones to push up into mid field from the left like so;

-----gvardiol---------rodri---------
Ake-----------dias----------akanji

So we have options for the midfield/cb/RB role stones plays in Lewis and hopefully gvardiol. But playing with so many CBs means we have little cover if one goes down, which Ake also seems prone to.

Typing all that out I'd be keeping laporte or giving hardwood Belli's a go, but does t seem likely with him being left at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.