5 | John Stones - 2023/24

No better CB in Europe when fit and healthy.
No doubt he’s absolute quality. We had similar with Vinnie for years but he seemed to be able to come back and still be our best defender after weeks out. Lately that’s not looked like the case with Stones. He keeps looking (like most players) that he needs a run of games to get his form back. The problem is he can’t seem to stay fit long enough for that to happen. It’s unlikely his injuries are going to improve into his 30’s. Real shame because he’s so good when fully fit.

John Stones was unlucky last night because an Icelandic player fell onto his ankle. That’s nothing to do with his fitness that’s due to an Icelandic player not looking where he was going or just not being able to keep his balance!
So why should we get rid of him when it wasn’t his fault? :-)
100% correct BUT when he get's over this issue sadly another problem will crop up.

He has had constant problems with a "abductor" injury, we have an incredible medical staff and they clearly give him the go ahead to play but the injury reoccurs almost immediately, why is that?

Is it a medical issue, lifestyle or simply his body can cope with the stress put on it?

And I would add the decision to play those two meaningless fixtures for England just before the Madrid game changed my opinion of John, stupid, stupid decision and from where I look the club felt the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.