5 worst refereeing decisions against city

Brian Coddington carding Horlock for "aggressive walking" and sending off two in that match - as many have mentioned.

Clattenburg's disgraceful performance at the Jonestown -er, Anfield match two seasons ago is pretty high in terms of overall refereeing odiousness.

The chumps league group stages last year might have been the worst overall 6 matches of decisions. I think we got one decent one in the final Roma match but more or less everything prior seemed to reek of officiating crews thinking "well City are in disfavour by UEFA so let's just fucking pound them at every opportunity." CSKA away was probably the worst of the lot there.

The phantom penno in the 1996 FA Cup stands out for me as it was the moment where I went from "fairly casual fan" to "fanatic hater of rags and the FA(rce)."

Was it that game where Johnson did a two footed lunge, that if it connected would have taken the players head off ? Never seen it again, not mentioned anywhere. If someone has a vid please show. Want to make sure I'm not dreaming.

I've never understood the role of the officials behind the goal. They never seem to want to make a decision, and when they do, the generally get it wrong. The pen for them wasn't, the pen that wasn't, was, and the demi goal was laughably over the line. Need to get rid of them, absolute shithouses.

Was it that game where Johnson did a two footed lunge, that if it connected would have taken the players head off ? Never seen it again, not mentioned anywhere. If someone has a vid please show. Want to make sure I'm not dreaming.

Carling cup with Liverpool, biggest injustice was this was very soon after Kompany being sent off for a "two footed challenge" in the derby where he won the ball and was nowhere near the player, a known diver in Nani who didn't complain. Johnson two footed off the ground as straight as you like whilst Lescott was in possession on the by-line.

Don't recall us even getting the free kick let alone the straight red he should of.

I've never understood the role of the officials behind the goal. They never seem to want to make a decision, and when they do, the generally get it wrong. The pen for them wasn't, the pen that wasn't, was, and the demi goal was laughably over the line. Need to get rid of them, absolute shithouses.
I have been to a few referees meetings in the last few years and a couple of "goal line officials" both advised me that UEFA have made it clear that you are purely there to say if the ball crossed the line or not. You are not even supposed to advise on goal kicks or corners. That clown last night couldn't even get if it had crossed the line or not right. He also compounded this by getting both of the big penalty decisions wrong. If you watch, the ref was never going to give a pen for the 1st one, you could see he had lost his footing in real time but has to act on assistants advice. Another tell tale factor, for me, was that Raphael did not even appeal for it nor any of his team mates. He looked apologetic when he got up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.