50 loyalty points for notts county

the loyalty points system is spot on, the absolute crap written on here is laughable.

last week i read that 90% of supporters who don't have enough loyalty points for united away would be at birmingham away, but they will never bridge the gap on the older ones due to them also being at birmingham away, well something doesnt add up, because we only took 2500 which either means birmingham are lying, or just the regulars turned up as usual or the regulars gave it a miss, and the desparate for utd away but just missed out as always made up the following, in which case their arguement about never catching up doesnt hold water considering the 1600 empty seats.

fathellensbellend said:
the loyalty points system is spot on, the absolute crap written on here is laughable.

last week i read that 90% of supporters who don't have enough loyalty points for united away would be at birmingham away, but they will never bridge the gap on the older ones due to them also being at birmingham away, well something doesnt add up, because we only took 2500 which either means birmingham are lying, or just the regulars turned up as usual or the regulars gave it a miss, and the desparate for utd away but just missed out as always made up the following, in which case their arguement about never catching up doesnt hold water considering the 1600 empty seats.
I was at st Andrews and it seemed from where I was there was more than 2500 so I'm surprised at that figure. Those who don't attend these home cup games are gonna get left behind in terms of points, 100 points a game is a hell of a lot of points to miss out on.

BlueDean said:
Fairest way to do it would be to allocate points for each particular cup and league seleratly. I haven't got a st but been to every uefa and cup game. But come the final some dick who couldn't be bothered going to any lesser uefa games will get a ticket and ive got no fucking chance.
By 'fairest way', you actually mean the way that would best suit the particular situation you currently happen to find yourself in.

There are plenty of scenarios that would make a mockery of your 'fairest way', but here's one: Supporter X has had a season ticket for 25 years. He has gone to every home league and cup game possible during that time and managed 3 or 4 aways each season. Last year, however, he lost his job and was just able to scrape enough money together to get season tickets for himself and his young lad. After all, he'd do whatever it takes to see his beloved Blues every other week. Unfortunately, the trade off is that he's had to knock the additional expense of FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League games on the head.

According to you, the 'fairest way' for the club to treat this supporter would be to put him behind 'some dick' who has simply turned up this year for 5 or 6 heavily discounted games in the queue for a ticket to the first City cup final of his lifetime. Not very fair is it?

'Loyalty' is generated over a period of many years, and as cup finals aren't exactly an annual occurrence at Manchester City, it is absolutely right that long-term loyalty counts for more than having been to a handful of cheap games during one particular season.

Kinky Dribbler said:
BlueDean said:
Fairest way to do it would be to allocate points for each particular cup and league seleratly. I haven't got a st but been to every uefa and cup game. But come the final some dick who couldn't be bothered going to any lesser uefa games will get a ticket and ive got no fucking chance.

It almost makes me want to buy a season ticket knowing I will only make 3/4 of the home games and leave another empty seat just so I can get some of the better away tickets

It's a conundrum alright. I'm in a similar situation to you, no SC but been to almost all cup games. Birmingham City are doing it for the Carling Cup final based on how many of the previous rounds you've been to, as opposed to loyalty points the way we would do it. (Not that it matters for them because they have pathetic fans and it will comfortably go to general sale at best).
Either way it's done, someone will be pissed off.

3/4 of all home games at full price + City card = > than the cost of a season card.

Dubai Blue said:
BlueDean said:
By 'fairest way', you actually mean the way that would best suit the particular situation you currently happen to find yourself in.

There are plenty of scenarios that would make a mockery of your 'fairest way', but here's one: Supporter X has had a season ticket for 25 years. He has gone to every home league and cup game possible during that time and managed 3 or 4 aways each season. Last year, however, he lost his job and was just able to scrape enough money together to get season tickets for himself and his young lad. After all, he'd do whatever it takes to see his beloved Blues every other week. Unfortunately, the trade off is that he's had to knock the additional expense of FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League games on the head.

According to you, the 'fairest way' for the club to treat this supporter would be to put him behind 'some dick' who has simply turned up this year for 5 or 6 heavily discounted games in the queue for a ticket to the first City cup final of his lifetime. Not very fair is it?

'Loyalty' is generated over a period of many years, and as cup finals aren't exactly an annual occurrence at Manchester City, it is absolutely right that long-term loyalty counts for more than having been to a handful of cheap games during one particular season.

great post and bang only the money.

the loyalty points system is fair, the only ones wanting change are the ones who just could'nt be bothered when we were shit.

karma.

before anyone goes on about money, raising kids etc have a very good look at yourselves, how many have done other things with time and money over the years.we've been there and done that but decided (i know madness)to still get to city.

its not that long ago i was living in a homeless shelter for men yet i stood on conran street market selling bits of gear i'd come across to get enough to get to a game, no stall(they were 6 quid) i just stood at the end of an aisle dodging the rent guy, soon as i had enough i'd hoof it to maine road, i must have been off my fucking trolly.

United sold out on 5000 points.

Every other away game this season, bar Blackpool, has made it to general sale.

So where have all these 5000+ fans been hiding for the 'less glamourous' games?

I respect that these points have been racked up, but if they no longer attend on a regular basis, they shouldn't be allowed a ticket ahead of someone like me - I.e a 19 year old with less points, but has been to every home and away match this season except for Blackpool and United.

I find it very frustrating to be honest.

de niro said:

the loyalty points system is fair, the only ones wanting change are the ones who just could'nt be bothered when we were shit.

Or the ones who are too young to have racked up 5000+ points?

I know it is possible for a 19 year old to have 5000+ points. But my dad didn't take me when I was in school and I got a season ticket the first season at COMS. For two season I've been regularly going to away games. When the big ones come up, everyone comes out of the woodwork.

you only had to register your e mail address with them and you would have been notified some time ago..difficult for you nun if your dad has a season ticket then you will be fine they will give you a ticket at the same amount of points that he has..if he hasn t you have to do what all of us without points have done and that is try not to miss a game..its only things like united away where you might struggle..i m glad i went to all games now, even the stiff members cup rounds.. for your info i cant see there being many 19 year olds with 5000 points

nunogo said:
de niro said:

Or the ones who are too young to have racked up 5000+ points?

I know it is possible for a 19 year old to have 5000+ points. But my dad didn't take me when I was in school and I got a season ticket the first season at COMS. For two season I've been regularly going to away games. When the big ones come up, everyone comes out of the woodwork.
I understand it must be frustrating, but keep plugging away and you'll get there eventually.

Perhaps the system could be tweaked so that a percentage of points drop off after a certain period of time in order to make sure that supporters remain motivated to keep going regularly. Don't know if that would work; just thinking out loud, but that's the way the airlines do it. Your loyalty points only count for a rolling three-year period, so you can't survive off points that you earned 6 or 7 years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.