50 loyalty points for notts county

charliebigspuds said:
Utd away has always been the same, when you go regular to away games there is generally the same people at whichever ground you're at, when you go to the swamp the fans seem to change, mainly there is a lot of older fans. Anyway, if they have the points then they deserve the ticket, its the only fair way to do it.
Imagine the uproar if City said at the end of the season we're scrapping everybodys points and starting afresh, therefore what you have done in the previous 20 years means nothing!

I also think the corporate lot got a large portion of the rag ticket allocation. So will be half full of wealthy JCL's.

people are missing the point here i think. The reason that you get so many loyalty points by buying a season card is because the club want people to buy a season card rather than on a game by game basis - it's money in the bank for them so they will reward people that do this.
Fact of the matter is that if you make a commitment to the club at the start of the season you should be rewarded for that loyalty. If you go to all the cup games you will also be rewarded for that loyalty, and rightly so, but you are obviously not going to be rewarded as heavily as someone who pays £500+ in one lump sum at the start of the year.
And to say it's not fair because you are young is also ridiculous - yes it must be very frustrating i can understand that, but surely anyone must see that someone who has had a season ticket with city for say 20 years has more right to cup final ticket than someone who has been to every game for two seasons.
I have a season card and part of the reason (the main reason being i enjoy watching city) is because i know that by buying a season card i will be rewarded and stand a much better chance of getting a ticket for a cup final.
The club WANT me to buy a season card and i WANT loyalty points - while that is the case then people will always get tickets first with a season card.
The rules haven't been changed halfway through the season - everyone knows how the system works - so if you want the loyalty points, buy a season card.

wireblue said:
people are missing the point here i think. The reason that you get so many loyalty points by buying a season card is because the club want people to buy a season card rather than on a game by game basis - it's money in the bank for them so they will reward people that do this.
Fact of the matter is that if you make a commitment to the club at the start of the season you should be rewarded for that loyalty. If you go to all the cup games you will also be rewarded for that loyalty, and rightly so, but you are obviously not going to be rewarded as heavily as someone who pays £500+ in one lump sum at the start of the year.
And to say it's not fair because you are young is also ridiculous - yes it must be very frustrating i can understand that, but surely anyone must see that someone who has had a season ticket with city for say 20 years has more right to cup final ticket than someone who has been to every game for two seasons.
I have a season card and part of the reason (the main reason being i enjoy watching city) is because i know that by buying a season card i will be rewarded and stand a much better chance of getting a ticket for a cup final.
The club WANT me to buy a season card and i WANT loyalty points - while that is the case then people will always get tickets first with a season card.
The rules haven't been changed halfway through the season - everyone knows how the system works - so if you want the loyalty points, buy a season card.

The league and cup competitions should be seperate. Why someone should be eligible for a final ticket at the expesnse of someone who wentr to no cup games but all the league games I dont know.

Its a different competition so why should loyalty in the league affect loyalty in the cups?

[/quote]But Matty the current system works because if you only go to home matches then those that go "home & away" are increasing there points at double the rate.

I can see what you are saying about the youngsters but just because people CURRENTLY go to away games does not make them more loyal than someone who went home and away when we were shit which was not that long ago in real terms. Its easy to go to away games now and watch our superstars but someone who went home and away in 1998 and watched the likes of Lee Badbuy week in week out then they are surely due some recompense for that hardship and the current system works in that if they do not go to games then people that do go are catching up every game.[/quote]

Some would say it was easier to go when tickets were £10 a person. Now it's £40-£50 per away game, I spend nearly all the money I get on following City, and have done for a few years, it comes to Derby Day and all the old timers (no offence) come back out and I can't get a ticket.

Honestly don't think it's right and the club should be looking at fairer ways for YOUNGER (not Jonny-Come-Lately) fans.

For me there should be a league loyalty system and a cups one. The league one can be a continuous system whilst the cup can be a yearly one.

Those who say they cannot get time off or cannot travel midweek because they live so far away you can bet your money that somehow their reasons/excuses will go out of the window when we get in the champions league.

I think if someone goes to all the cup games in the europa league they deserve a ticket to go to the final just the same as someone goes to all the league games they deserve a ticket for the big games.

All this 50 points thing will do is the season ticket holders that never go, will get a ticket just so they get the 50 points and then give the ticket away or sell it really cheap and watch it on TV at home which kinda defeats the object. I've already been offered to go to the Notts County game for free by someone who "didn't realise the game was on a sunday" when he bought the ticket....

johnmc said:
wireblue said:

The league and cup competitions should be seperate. Why someone should be eligible for a final ticket at the expesnse of someone who wentr to no cup games but all the league games I dont know.

Its a different competition so why should loyalty in the league affect loyalty in the cups?

because they have accrued more loyalty points!! We support manchester city - we don't support manchester city carling cup FC, manchester city premier league FC and manchester city europa league FC.
Are you saying that someone who has never been to a game before this season but has been to every europa cup game should be given priority over someone who has had a season ticket for 20 years but hasn't been able to get to any cup games? If you do then we'll just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that

Makes me laugh how people accuse fans of being "JCL"s yet they will want a ticket for the final but none of the earlier rounds because they went to games 10 years ago and that should be rewarded.

wireblue said:
because they have accrued more loyalty points!! We support manchester city - we don't support manchester city carling cup FC, manchester city premier league FC and manchester city europa league FC.
Are you saying that someone who has never been to a game before this season but has been to every europa cup game should be given priority over someone who has had a season ticket for 20 years but hasn't been able to get to any cup games? If you do then we'll just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that

Do you think a 20 year old should be able to go every game in the Uefa cup home and away all season but then not get a final ticket because someone who has been to only home games but for 10 years fancies the final?

johnmc said:
Makes me laugh how people accuse fans of being "JCL"s yet they will want a ticket for the final but none of the earlier rounds because they went to games 10 years ago and that should be rewarded.

Spot on, why is John Smith season ticket holder for 20 years but has watched the europa league games on tv because he couldn't bothered going to any of them deserve a ticket for the final of that competition than Steve Jones who goes to a few league games but has been to every Europa League game? The competition obvsiously didn't mean much to John Smith yet he wants to go when we get to the final?

johnmc said:

if they went to games 10 years ago they won't have enough loyalty points. However, if they've have had a season card for the past 10 years then they will do - quite rightly so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.