50 years a Blue

March 2nd 1963 won 2 1 against Birmingham Harley and Gray scored 28798 in Maine road . I was third generation City according to my dad . 4th generation now going.

46 years Man & Boy for me. I remember my dear old Nan once muttering "You'll grow out of this obsession with that football club when you get a bit older" after I'd missed yet another family affair. I was about 40 by then! I suspect she still looks out for our results from her cloud though. Closet Blue that she was ;)

My first game, I was a very lucky boy to witness what was about to happen in the next few years Manchester City vs Bolton Wanderers

Division Two (Old)
Sat 16 April 1966.

Score: W 4-1

Attendance: 29459

HW Dowd
R Kennedy
RC Sear
G Pardoe
GW Heslop
AA Oakes
M Summerbee
JA Crossan
M Doyle
C Bell
DR Connor

My first game, I was a very lucky boy to witness what was about to happen in the next few years Manchester City vs Bolton Wanderers

Division Two (Old)
Sat 16 April 1966.

Score: W 4-1

Attendance: 29459

HW Dowd
R Kennedy
RC Sear
G Pardoe
GW Heslop
AA Oakes
M Summerbee
JA Crossan
M Doyle
C Bell
DR Connor
Dave Connor he was what we used to call " a utility player" he was a very good footballer. I miss Tony Coleman

Had a season ticket since 1957 aged 6 so I guess I'm fast approaching my 60 the anniversary! Started in the Platt Lane stand with my dad and, through the years moved around the stadium and sat on all four sides. Seen some great players and great games and endured some utter dross. Been to every cup final since I started watching with the exception of the ECWC win.

As the username suggests I skipped school to watch us gain promotion with a midweek 1-0 win away at Rotherham and I was at St James Park to watch us win the league in 1968. The following season was at Maine Road with my dad watching us "terrify Europe" against Fenerbache when my dad suffered his first (and fatal) heart attack aged 48 ! I don't go to the cemetery to visit dad I go to watch City and visit him there. When the going gets tough during a match I often have a little mental chat with my dad and ask him to put a word in for the blues with the big fella and it usually works. Last weeks penalty shoot out was down to my Dad you know !

My two sons sit with me and have both held season tickets for over 25 years and our connection with City is so strong my 5 year old grandson is called Blue! The future has never looked so good, thanks for the memories City.

Dave Connor he was what we used to call " a utility player" he was a very good footballer. I miss Tony Coleman
Great player Dave Connor he played nearly every position, I remember city were willing to sell him, he went to Spurs had a medical and was sat their with pen in hand waiting to sign, then for reasons unknown he was recalled, his best game for city was the FA cup semi final at villa park 1969, Everton, rumour had it he was told to mark alan ball out of the game, at half time when the players were returning to the field Dave waited outside evertons changing room and followed alan ball out on to the pitch, a very useful player what you call a bread and butter player, Dave and alan Oakes were my favourite players in those days without great players like these the others wouldn't flourish

Congrats, our kid. :)

Can't clearly remember my first games but they were just before we got relegated early/mid 60s. Started going regularly when we came back up. A vintage example of a glory hunter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.