50 Years On

Exact the same for me. I remember being really nervous about the Schalke game - needlessly as it turned out. I would have loved to go to Vienna but I was only 14 and skint.
The one thing I remember about the night we played Schalke at home is that they used to do announcements on Granada about the scores in those days and they said that City were losing 2-0 which was very depressing for a ten year old. About ten minutes later my Dad came in the house so I told him what it said on the tele. He said the daft nuggets got it wrong as they were winning 3-0

It was my first night at Cubs. I remember getting home and being allowed to stay up and watch to the end of the FA Cup Final. At the end of which there was a by-the-way comment that City had won the Cup Winners Cup. The article implies that had the FA Cup final not gone to a reply that the Cup Winners Cup Final would have been shown, but would it? I cant remember other finals being shown as a matter of course - although I do remember watching Celtic/Feyenoord in European Cup final the following week and just found something to say that Chelsea was shown the following year.

It was my first night at Cubs. I remember getting home and being allowed to stay up and watch to the end of the FA Cup Final. At the end of which there was a by-the-way comment that City had won the Cup Winners Cup. The article implies that had the FA Cup final not gone to a reply that the Cup Winners Cup Final would have been shown, but would it? I cant remember other finals being shown as a matter of course - although I do remember watching Celtic/Feyenoord in European Cup final the following week and just found something to say that Chelsea was shown the following year.
It would definitely have been shown live if the boneheaded FA hadn't scheduled the replay for the Wednesday. I'm pretty sure it's the only major European Final involving an English club that wasn't shown live, I can remember watching Spurs win the Cup Winners Cup in 1963 and West Ham win it in 1965. When we drew with Spurs in 1981 the replay was set for Thursday night to avoid clashing with the Cup Winners Cup.

I remember being so disappointed that the match wasn't live on TV because of that Chelsea-Leeds replay, had to watch the highlights later. I went to all the home games on the way to the Final, the Bilbao and Schalke performances were superb. Too young and too poor to get to the European aways then.
I vaguely remember watching the Chelsea v Leeds replay, but was probably put to bed before our highlights were on (only 8), it was my first season going to games, only the odd one then.

F**k off 'istry.

Is everybody sure this happened as according to some knobheads City have no history
Someone posted a while back that according to a Littlewoods' fan, it doesn’t count, as the competition no longer exists.

So does that mean that their 18 league titles are no longer valid, either?

Good article from the BBC website today.

It’s a pity we have no Istree.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52455182

Great read, thanks for posting..

Our Club has got a rich tradition and a great history..

It's a shame we get painted in such a negative light by the vast majority of the media whose sole job basically is to factually inform the public of newsworthy events..

instead, we get to see them churning out what they know will sell to the masses..

Why let the truth get in the way of taking money off the uneducated..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.