50 years since man landed on the Moon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by crooky, 15 Jul 2019.

1. stonerblue

stonerblue

Wasn't it just.

2. BlindEyeSeesAll

BlindEyeSeesAll

Yeah it was excellent.

Best bit though was when they asked that old woman in Trafalgar Square what she thought about the impending moon landing:

" I think it's a bloody disgrace!! Have they got nothing better to do?!!"

LOL!

3. ancoats

ancoats

i understand the money part and yes people and there tax paying questions, but the moon could be a key part in space technology and could have been the best place to build a space station and see if man can really live in space, also taking other things to the moon and the space station and over time and see how they react on the moon and grow and live, yes drilling to see what the moon is made of and maybe find something to help on earth you just don't know what is there ??

4. cibaman

cibaman

There was a fascinating interview with Michael Collins. He said his greatest fear was that the Eagle wouldn't be able to take off from the moon, leaving Armstrong & Aldrin stranded. He then faced the choice of returning alone to Earth, where he feared he would be condemned for leaving them behind (as if he could do anything about it) or commiting suicide in space.

5. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

I always thought that a dire 0-0 was more interesting than all that moonshine shit!

6. Ant

Ant

Its made of cheese ... Wallace n Grommit showed us the way

7. urban genie

urban genie

To be honest 5 missions then fuck all else seems a little underwhelming, there should be a least moon base alpha up and running 20 years ago and a colony of first generation mooners by now.

8. denislawsbackheel

denislawsbackheel

They always said they were not given the means for a quick death if needed so I wonder how he would have done it.

9. somapop

somapop

Really well made this. What BBC4 excels at...the music, the whole production. Rare I sit down to watch anything at that time (early) but was glued to the sofa.

Mentioned the quote from either Armstrong or Aldren to my son re the light that seemed to pass over the moon below their craft but couldn't quite find the info (obvs there was the 'UFO' speculation). Was it ever fully explained? Light reflecting from some discarded craft panels...?

10. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

The only downside is that we might be inundated with daily reports from Moonbase Anusfield as the BBC will try to persuade us that all the fg mooners are proxy Norwegians and consequently Dippers and coachwreckers.