52 | Oscar Bobb - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks a very special player. I can see why people are making the Spanish Dave comparisons.

Foden is undoubtedly the best our academy has produced so far but if Oscar fulfills his potential he could be even better. Long way to go obviously but the signs are very promising.

To be honest I don’t think we will have any player, anytime soon as good as foden. The only one technically in my view that comes close is Mcatee.

Think we need to see him getting more minutes. Pep brought him on at HT against wolves then we have hardly seen him since. Looks like a city player to me, another one that’s needs minutes.

He looked really good last night but I wouldnt be getting carried away. He lost the ball very easily when he dropped deep, mind you Alvarez does that a lot too. High and wide is where he is dangerous. Nice to have another option out there as its a little stale this season.
Just remind us of his age ?? That will come with progression within the first team.

Just remind us of his age ?? That will come with progression within the first team.
Last night he was doing a better job than Alvarez recently for me, and out of position for him, the big thing is his football intellegence.

I love bluemoon, people constantly calling for youth to be given a chance, then knocking it when it is, even when it plays well (not necessarily the same people obviously).

Nothing appears to faze him he plays without fear and he has great vision for a player so young , he's good on the ball and has a nose for goal , he will struggle for game time but the cream always rises to the top ask Phil Foden.

Pep seems to disagree.
I think McAtee valued regular playing time more than staying around the City squad. Palmer didn't go on loan last season and made little progress towards becoming a regular first teamer so maybe McAtee looked at that and the fact that Lewis, Bobb etc. would be competing for minutes with him.
His choice of loan club is questionable but it is easy to follow his logic that he would get more benefit from playing regularly and it is hard to argue with that given Bobb's limited appearances.
Maybe City give youngsters too much choice when deciding on what to do. Tommy Doyle's Hamburg loan was a waste of time and there have been similar loans with other players.
I do think that Pep could give youngsters more time as subs in matches that are won - remember those? - but coming on to play in a team that is seeing a game out from 3-0 up makes it hard to impress.

I think McAtee valued regular playing time more than staying around the City squad. Palmer didn't go on loan last season and made little progress towards becoming a regular first teamer so maybe McAtee looked at that and the fact that Lewis, Bobb etc. would be competing for minutes with him.
His choice of loan club is questionable but it is easy to follow his logic that he would get more benefit from playing regularly and it is hard to argue with that given Bobb's limited appearances.
Maybe City give youngsters too much choice when deciding on what to do. Tommy Doyle's Hamburg loan was a waste of time and there have been similar loans with other players.
I do think that Pep could give youngsters more time as subs in matches that are won - remember those? - but coming on to play in a team that is seeing a game out from 3-0 up makes it hard to impress.
I want to see McAtee to play for us but if he won’t stick around for last two season then highly doubt he will be coming back.

Pep rates him highly but he pushed to leave and with Bobb taking slot left by Palmer then it might not happen.

Ajax was interested in him and choosing Sheffield for second time feels like it was more sentimental decision. His career isn’t managed like Haaland was going to clubs to develop you career strategically don’t get this sense unlike Foden, Rico, Palmer never going on loan.

There is no right or wrong way but I hope I am wrong and it works out here for him.

I want to see McAtee to play for us but if he won’t stick around for last two season then highly doubt he will be coming back.

Pep rates him highly but he pushed to leave and with Bobb taking slot left by Palmer then it might not happen.

Ajax was interested in him and choosing Sheffield for second time feels like it was more sentimental decision. His career isn’t managed like Haaland was going to clubs to develop you career strategically don’t get this sense unlike Foden, Rico, Palmer never going on loan.

There is no right or wrong way but I hope I am wrong and it works out here for him.

From what I have seen of McAtee I rate him more highly than the ones we have kept at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.