52 | Oscar Bobb - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I have seen of McAtee I rate him more highly than the ones we have kept at the club.
Last season Palmer only stayed because McAtee left. I heard Pep wanted him to stay. He has great attitude and respect him for backing himself and that wonder goal against Brentford was a beauty.

It is all about opinion, but I have said for some time that I believe that Oscar Bobb is a serious talent. IMO his best position is behind the striker, and I believe he has the potential to be a better player than either Palmer or McAtee.
Think all 3 are talented but immensely difficult to start out at City as your not just sent out to express yourself as a young player you are required to play in a system that involves a lot of work to close the opposition down and take up positions to stop passing lines when out of possession and stretching play or rotating positions when you have the ball.

All three may have more natural talent than Lewis for example but Lewis gets the system and the orders. That was the challenge for Palmer and will be for Bobb and Mcatee if they are going to make it at city. Palmer has blossomed in a chelsea side where he has appears to have been given more freedom but the overall side is poor even though there are lots of talented players. Not sure how much Mcatee will have picked up playing in Sheff United system that will help him integrate at City.

I think he's ready. Much like Palmer in that, he's deceptively quick on the ball. Would love to see him on the right Friday.

Brilliant cameo today. He is my favorite academy player, and I think he has the highest ceiling as well. Some of his moves are Messi-like, keeping all the proportions.

We missed a trick against Palace by not having him on the right and Bernardo in the middle imo. Lewis got on the scoresheet but I think the team would've been more balanced and less susceptible to the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.