52 | Oscar Bobb - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks a very special player. I can see why people are making the Spanish Dave comparisons.

Foden is undoubtedly the best our academy has produced so far but if Oscar fulfills his potential he could be even better. Long way to go obviously but the signs are very promising.

Much like Palmer, he's deceptively quick on top of all the obvious. He could be a very useful player as soon as this season.

Personally I think he has more potential than Palmer. I may be proved wrong but it’s just an opinion.
I think he has far more versatility than Cole showed with us.

That position last night was nominally our "up top" forward, but he was far more than that, I thought he worked their defenders very hard, and I thought his hold up play was excellent. The skill for the goal was right up there.

There's a long way to go and for him to develop yet, but the signs in recent weeks have been very very good, and he can do a number of roles for us.

I've watched a lot of games for the younger sides, and he's only impressed me a few times, but playing with the more senior players he excites me nearly every time.

I've watched a lot of games for the younger sides, and he's only impressed me a few times, but playing with the more senior players he excites me nearly every time.
That's an interesting observation.
He probably anticipate the game in a more grown up way than his fellow academy players.

He's a City player, simple as that. Just natural footballing intelligence and top class on the ball. He might have to be a little bit patient but he's ready from what I've seen of him to make an impact on the biggest of stages. I guess this is why we let Cole go!

Personally I think he has more potential than Palmer. I may be proved wrong but it’s just an opinion.

Palmer has magic in his boots but Bobb looks like the better fit for a City team. Cole looks to make things happen out of nothing with individual brilliance whereas Bobb looks to combine with his teammates a lot more. Both of them are excellent technically and seem to have the right mentality to succeed, just very different players despite playing in the same areas of the pitch.

Palmer has magic in his boots but Bobb looks like the better fit for a City team. Cole looks to make things happen out of nothing with individual brilliance whereas Bobb looks to combine with his teammates a lot more. Both of them are excellent technically and seem to have the right mentality to succeed, just very different players despite playing in the same areas of the pitch.
I think that's a good assessment. Both will almost undoubtedly have long careers.

He looked really good last night but I wouldnt be getting carried away. He lost the ball very easily when he dropped deep, mind you Alvarez does that a lot too. High and wide is where he is dangerous. Nice to have another option out there as its a little stale this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.