52 | Oscar Bobb - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always wondered why he's so short to score by the bookies... They always know, don't they? ;)

I had really high hopes for Palmer and McAtee but I think Bobb might be turn out to be better than both of them. He has made important contributions in recents matches and Pep chose him to make the difference when trying to win the game.

The wisdom of our management team is often questioned when deciding on pathways for youngsters but they seem to have kept the jewel in the crown. It looks like he will establish himself as an important player by the end of the season.
Yep just like Foden, Sancho and Diaz a few years ago…we kept the best one.
But Palmer is class though, gutted to see him go.

Pep Guardiola on Oscar Bobb: “He’s so good in small spaces; so quick – right, left. He has a sense of goal, we saw in the training sessions. We were really impressed in preseason when we started to see it. I knew from the information last season he was the best player by far in the Academy. And we saw in the preseason, talking with the players – with his teammates: ‘Oh, this guy is special, this guy is good!’.”

Bobb combines several excellent qualities: great first touch, quick feet, fantastic balance (which allows him to change direction and be unpredictable), intelligence.

I think Palmer has a great left foot and is technically sound. Talent wise Bobb is more special, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.