52 | Oscar Bobb - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having watched the goal numerous times I still can't work out what's more impressive: the confidence to make the run knowing that if KDB finds him then he'll probably have the last chance to win the game, the immaculate first touch that he has to take side on with a defender in such close proximity trying to tackle him that also takes him passed said defender, the composure to not snatch at the chance when he must be desperate to make an impression and with the goalkeeper closinghim down, the speed of thought to realize that he doesn't have time to go round the keeper the conventional way because of the defender and the only way he can score is to switch the ball from his left foot to his right and finish all in one action, the technical ability to pull it all off in such a congested area or perhaps most importantly that he did all of it in a high pressure atmosphere at the most pressurized stage of the game. Maybe I'm overanalyzing it but there was so much to admire about that goal.

Having watched the goal numerous times I still can't work out what's more impressive: the confidence to make the run knowing that if KDB finds him then he'll probably have the last chance to win the game, the immaculate first touch that he has to take side on with a defender in such close proximity trying to tackle him that also takes him passed said defender, the composure to not snatch at the chance when he must be desperate to make an impression and with the goalkeeper closinghim down, the speed of thought to realize that he doesn't have time to go round the keeper the conventional way because of the defender and the only way he can score is to switch the ball from his left foot to his right and finish all in one action, the technical ability to pull it all off in such a congested area or perhaps most importantly that he did all of it in a high pressure atmosphere at the most pressurized stage of the game. Maybe I'm overanalyzing it but there was so much to admire about that goal.
Thanks to yourself and other early posters on the locked EDS post (WallyA, Shroom, yankblue and Oldius and others)
for their opinions over the years. It adds to my enjoyment of the academy matches.

I’d say the technical ability to pull it all off in such a congested area.
The speed and balance of foot switch was incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.