52 | Oscar Bobb - 2023/24

I bet he must be asking himself "maybe I shouldn't have done that"
Too late now! How does his time compare with the time Foden got at the start? The thing about Oscar, and the same with Cole Palmer, they have winning goal tattooed on their feet. They are the sort of player as we saw at NUFC to nick all the points with a second or two of pure sorcery. The trick, though, is when to recognise when and if those seconds are gonna appear in a game. Pep got it right at NUFC but missed the trick on Saturday.

I’ve said this in the past but it feels inevitable to me. We are going to sign 1 or 2 wingers this summer and at least 2 central players too. He doesn’t play now, even before those signings come in. The sale of Oscar Bobb is inevitable and every day is just a day closer to it.
I agree. He’s not going to get enough game time to develop. We need to stop comparing players to foden as well - his development was unique to him.

I think what’s daft is we could have saved ourselves loads of money if players like bobb and palmer were in the first team now.

Genuinely ridiculous how impatient some are in demanding kids start. How many players that are currently 20 years old in the world would be featuring for us as much? And how many players of the same age do the other top teams in thr world have playing for them?

We've got some of the best players on the planet at the club, they're naturally going to be ahead of the kids. Swear some people want us to turn into a brighton and just develop kids as a midtable side who we can then sell on to a team at the top.

Bobbs had a breakout season. I cant inagine hes anywhere near stupid enough to be considering leaving because he isnt getting on in a cup final right now.

He's around the squad getting chances, he's got no football this summer, he'll be with pre-season from day 1, he'll get plenty of minutes pre-season and some opportunities to play in the early season if he's doing well in training.

Genuinely ridiculous how impatient some are in demanding kids start. How many players that are currently 20 years old in the world would be featuring for us as much? And how many players of the same age do the other top teams in thr world have playing for them?

We've got some of the best players on the planet at the club, they're naturally going to be ahead of the kids. Swear some people want us to turn into a brighton and just develop kids as a midtable side who we can then sell on to a team at the top.

Bobbs had a breakout season. I cant inagine hes anywhere near stupid enough to be considering leaving because he isnt getting on in a cup final right now.

He's around the squad getting chances, he's got no football this summer, he'll be with pre-season from day 1, he'll get plenty of minutes pre-season and some opportunities to play in the early season if he's doing well in training.
I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not demanding he starts. I just find it baffling why he's not coming on for Bernardo, or even Haaland, given how he was playing versus United when we're chasing a goal.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not demanding he starts. I just find it baffling why he's not coming on for Bernardo, or even Haaland, given how he was playing versus United when we're chasing a goal.
I'm not saying he should start every game next season ; just start more often than this , that's all

Chasing a goal, we're not taking off the best striker on the planet. I don't disagree Bobb could have been an option for Bernardo i commented the same thing to my brother at the match but at that point we had thrown all our eggs into Doku saving us, the ball wasn't even going to the right hand side, I doubt he'd have had more than half a dozen touches.

The kid is already a starter for Norway as a 20 year old and has been one of their best players.

We need to find a regular spot for him on that right wing when Silva ends up leaving. I see very similar qualities and game intelligence and he could easily roam around the field like Silva often does and contribute goals and assists.

He had made an impact in almost every game he had played, which is why I see a similar trajectory to Foden.

we need to give Lewis, Bobb a real chance and serious game time.

300 minutes of PL is not enough for Bobb. he is 21 in few weeks, there are players in PL t age 18, 19 with serious game time under their belt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.