52 | Oscar Bobb - 2023/24

And he’s 20 years old. He is still developing and improving his play with his weak foot.
I mean to use your parlance, that is ‘demonstrably false’.

In fire first half De Bruyne flicked him in and he actually let the ball run out of play trying to get his left foot around it rather than take it on with his right foot, for which he apologised to De Bruyne and the bench.

In the second half he was played in on his right foot with Haaland looking for a first time cross to tap in and he ran around the ball to get it onto his left foot for a floated cross they easily defended.

As said I have high hopes and think he has a huge chance of taking the Silva role long term, but my concern obviously is that he makes Antony looks two footed.

In fire first half De Bruyne flicked him in and he actually let the ball run out of play trying to get his left foot around it rather than take it on with his right foot, for which he apologised to De Bruyne and the bench.

In the second half he was played in on his right foot with Haaland looking for a first time cross to tap in and he ran around the ball to get it onto his left foot for a floated cross they easily defended.

As said I have high hopes and think he has a huge chance of taking the Silva role long term, but my concern obviously is that he makes Antony looks two footed.
Nothing you just posted demonstrates my assertion that he is 20 (fact) and still developing and improving his play with his week foot is false.

You listed two incidents that happened in a single football match.

That’s a bit disingenuous.The flick from Kev deceived everyone. It carried on spinning and the wind gave it a shove . I’d imagine Bibb thought he had that well under control until it went off on its own accord.

Nothing you just posted demonstrates my assertion that he is 20 (fact) and still developing and improving his play with his week foot is false.

You listed two incidents that happened in a single football match.
Well yes as that’s the only frame of reference we have. You say he is improving on his weaker foot but we have zero actual evidence for that and only factual evidence showing him going out of his way to avoid using it.

Even your main point can be seen from both sides, you say he’s only 20, the other way to look at it is that he’s a 20 year old professional footballer who won’t use his right foot….hell, how many players get into an academy, let alone out of an academy without being able to actually use both feet.

Well yes as that’s the only frame of reference we have. You say he is improving on his weaker foot but we have zero actual evidence for that and only factual evidence showing him going out of his way to avoid using it.

Even your main point can be seen from both sides, you say he’s only 20, the other way to look at it is that he’s a 20 year old professional footballer who won’t use his right foot….hell, how many players get into an academy, let alone out of an academy without being able to actually use both feet.
You are using isolated evidence to make a point that doesn’t even make sense when applied to the larger population of top level players, as I outlined in my initial response.

I said he was still developing (he is) and improving his play with his weak foot, and two incidents in the match today does not disprove those statements.

However, historical evidence of the full population of all wingers to have ever played football does disprove your assertions.

Intelligent.

The game was being played predominantly on the left in the second half, so he hardly saw the ball. Although, when he did find himself there once, he almost brought about a goal scoring opportunity.

He did his defensive duties very well. He’s deceptively quick. You don’t realise he’ll intercept a pass and before you know it, he’s almost there. Had a few moments like that.

He will get better. Hopefully has a future here. Just needs a run of games to gel better with those around him. Not so easy when you’re hardly on the pitch but he’s being patient.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.