6% increase

Ricster said:
Eh? After last years decrease and this years increase the average fan is still better off to 2 seasons ago, yet people were slagging the club.

No wonder our fans are labelled bitter!

I have no issue with the price (although I think they are pushing their luck a little bit with an increase in the current climate).

I'm in the South Stand so it doesn't affect me, but I have huge sympathy for those in the North Stand who want to stay there. A lot of the old Platt Laners are still there - I was one of them, but moved for the atmosphere. They aren't all going to fit in the South Stand, so some will have to move to the sides which is a) more expensive and b) not behind the goal. As a firm believer that behind the goal is the best place to watch from I would be mightily pissed off if I was in there.

My personal axe to grind is with the ridiculously short and unnecessary window in which you can buy. That is just being stupid for the sake of it. We've got a ticketing system and we're gonna use it. Just because it has a button to 'restrict sales' doesn't mean you have to fucking press it.

mancitygaz said:
I think the survey was bit of a smoke screen,

The club must have had these new pricing and seating policies in place for quite a while now and anticipated a bit of fan dissent and thought they could answer any disgruntled fan with 'the survey'.
What survey?????? Ive been a season ticket holder for donkeys years and I haven't been asked to enter into a survey

SalfordCityBlue said:
Ricster said:
Eh? After last years decrease and this years increase the average fan is still better off to 2 seasons ago, yet people were slagging the club.

I have no issue with the price (although I think they are pushing their luck a little bit with an increase in the current climate).

I'm in the South Stand so it doesn't affect me, but I have huge sympathy for those in the North Stand who want to stay there. A lot of the old Platt Laners are still there - I was one of them, but moved for the atmosphere. They aren't all going to fit in the South Stand, so some will have to move to the sides which is a) more expensive and b) not behind the goal. As a firm believer that behind the goal is the best place to watch from I would be mightily pissed off if I was in there.

My personal axe to grind is with the ridiculously short and unnecessary window in which you can buy. That is just being stupid for the sake of it. We've got a ticketing system and we're gonna use it. Just because it has a button to 'restrict sales' doesn't mean you have to fucking press it.

Exactly, if I can't get into the SS. I'll be forced to pay about £140 more than I would in the NS or SS, if I want to go. How is that fair?

charliebigspuds said:
mancitygaz said:
I think the survey was bit of a smoke screen,

The club must have had these new pricing and seating policies in place for quite a while now and anticipated a bit of fan dissent and thought they could answer any disgruntled fan with 'the survey'.
What survey?????? Ive been a season ticket holder for donkeys years and I haven't been asked to enter into a survey

I got it in an email from the club,

Thought all season card holders did.

chesterguy said:
Ricster said:

I presume the changes dont affect you then!!!! Some people dont want to move from their seats do you not understand that

I do understand that, but as i said in a previous post, that isn't this boards fault, it is the clueless fuckers we had before, i.e. MacKintosh and Wardle. We had a family stand at MR and it just got fucked off when we moved.

Does it affect me? Fuckin right it does. Used to sit in 118 as a ST holder but under Pearce i couldn't take anymore. I have since relocated to the East stand where last season i paid over £100 extra. The fact that im a staircase between 110 and 111 and i pay x amount more than the person across the gang way is sick. I would think a gradual increase as you get a better view would be much fairer, but guess what, i deal with it.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
We asked for a Kippax and we got a family stand. This is why fans should be on the board.
Unless that survey they sent out said otherwise...

The moral here is be carefull what you wish for

I bet everyone with kids asked for more cheaper kids tickets and that is what the club has provided but just made the decision the best way to do this was one end.
also the club will be able to charge away fans full price for their kids I could be wrong but lots of fans on here have been banging on about charging away fans more!

I think the easy answer is to charge a set price for a seat and let everyone make the choice if they want to go or not!

If the attendance drops so will the price it will reach its own level and people will no longer be able to abuse childrens tickets

SalfordCityBlue said:
Ricster said:

For those stating that those of us in the North stand should read this before calling us bitter...........there are some selfish idiots on here. And for thise saying that if I am considering not renewing because of this as good their are others who would have my ticket just think a second. Where were these people when I was paying for my season ticket when we were in the 2nd division.

I have supported this club for many years and just when I am starting to see the club I support become a dominant force due to the marketing people of the club I may not be there to see it is one that is a hard pill to swallow

masterwig said:
Just seen this bit:
The popular South Stand will be expanded, with improved food offering, multi-pour drink dispensers and entertainment and atmosphere suited to this singing section.

Does anyone know if this means extra seats being put in or just the SS will take in some seats from the Colin Bell Stand?

Anyone?

MCFC-alan88 said:
SalfordCityBlue said:

Exactly, if I can't get into the SS. I'll be paying about £140 more than I would in the NS or SS. How is that fair?

The south stand seems pretty full to me, most of the fans there go to every game too. It will be level 3 and swaps with where people with kids have moved.

However, if alot of people with kids haven't moved and pay the higher price to stay where they are, then there will be loads of free space in family stand, which doesn't make sense.

As for the behind the goal arguement. I find on away games when behind goal that you get an unglamourous more realistic view of the game. whereas on the side where i sit normally you get a better view but sometimes unrealistic view. wouldnt swap it tho!<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:34 am --<br /><br />
masterwig said:
masterwig said:
Just seen this bit:

Does anyone know if this means extra seats being put in or just the SS will take in some seats from the Colin Bell Stand?

Anyone?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Seasoncard-2010-2011/2010/April/South-Stand-Seasoncard-information-and-prices" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Seasoncard-2 ... and-prices</a>

looks same size to me (diagram)

whp.blue said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Unless that survey they sent out said otherwise...

The moral here is be carefull what you wish for

I bet everyone with kids asked for more cheaper kids tickets and that is what the club has provided

Fucking hell, cheaper than £95. What do you want????
My kids has gone up to £140 and it's still excellent value.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.