6% increase

C_T_I_D said:
Dear Moaners,

If you don't like the prices, don't go. Nobody is forcing you too. I am quite happy to pay the increase (mine is £515.00) due to the progress we have made and the improvements that will inevitabely be made over the summer personally. I know we all have different circumstances, but you either pay it and still be able to go or you piss off and not go. It's as simple as that really and don't go on about rewarding loyalty and getting all sentimental, it's a business at the end of the day!

Ta,

Andy

Totally sensible post.

I'd rather pay an extra couple of quid to watch Torres and Tevez instead of Vassell and Bojinov.

scottyboi said:
This guy has a point on mancityfans

North Stand will look shit on a cup night as well, with parents not wanting to take kids to a game that could go into extra time, so then not meeting criteria to sit there. I pointed this out last night and they went whiteish..... not convinced they had thought that through

Correct they will leave the kids at home and come on their own.

C_T_I_D said:
Dear Moaners,

If you don't like the prices, don't go. Nobody is forcing you too. I am quite happy to pay the increase (mine is £515.00) due to the progress we have made and the improvements that will inevitabely be made over the summer personally. I know we all have different circumstances, but you either pay it and still be able to go or you piss off and not go. It's as simple as that really and don't go on about rewarding loyalty and getting all sentimental, it's a business at the end of the day!

Ta,

Andy
Completely missing the point... Completely.

Long term ST holders being forced to move or pay up to a 100% increase, others flat out forced to relocate because they don't meet the criteria of the North Stand, the issues hat will arise if the ground fills and the then exiled North Standers hav nowhere to relocate whn they no longer fit the requirements, the speech from the owner that we would be rewarded for loyalty, yet new comers get the best deal, the talk about giving our club back to workin class fans yet creating an 'executive experience'.

This certainly isn't all about money, although there's a very compelling arguement I could give solely on that issue, but instead it's the forced relocations, the breaking up of groups and then paying for that priviledge on top.

kippax71 said:
scottyboi said:
This guy has a point on mancityfans

North Stand will look shit on a cup night as well, with parents not wanting to take kids to a game that could go into extra time, so then not meeting criteria to sit there. I pointed this out last night and they went whiteish..... not convinced they had thought that through

Correct they will leave the kids at home and come on their own.

But how can they sit in the north stand if they dont take their kids?

Dear Moaners,

Ta,

Andy

Why dont you fuck off you selfish sod. As has been said on many occaiosns its about moving and not about the price hike

I was aware if you dont take your kids for x no. of games in the family stand you get penalised?

still fuming PR fuck up of the highest order, picking my games next season end of

GStar said:
[Completely missing the point... Completely.

Long term ST holders being forced to move or pay up to a 100% increase, others flat out forced to relocate because they don't meet the criteria of the North Stand, the issues hat will arise if the ground fills and the then exiled North Standers hav nowhere to relocate whn they no longer fit the requirements, the speech from the owner that we would be rewarded for loyalty, yet new comers get the best deal, the talk about giving our club back to workin class fans yet creating an 'executive experience'.

This certainly isn't all about money, although there's a very compelling arguement I could give solely on that issue, but instead it's the forced relocations, the breaking up of groups and then paying for that priviledge on top.

I can appreciate what you've said but surely if you want to go that much then you do what you have to do to ensure your place next season because eventually it will get to a stage where the club think (and maybe rightfully so) that if person X doesn't renew, then person Y will replace them and pay the extra to go. It'll get to the extent where loyalty will not be considered or rewarded in my opinion. We'll become a business, if we're not one already.

I think it's terrible that they seem to have slung crap in the faces of people who are forced to move when they sit near relatives or friends and I think the ticket office will come under fire more than ever before, but at the same time the decision has been made and there's little we can do to change it unfortunately.

The days of cheap prices are over in my books, but thats the price of future success.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:34 pm --<br /><br />
Frank Gallagher said:
still fuming PR fuck up of the highest order, picking my games next season end of

Good luck competing for a seat in the stadium next season as if we get the standard of players that will be talked about we'll potentially sell out every game or at least every other game.

kippaxkid74 said:
feedthegoat said:
The problem is the relocation. We have to move and the likelihood is we will have to move to more expensive seats as I don't imagine getting 7 together in the South Stand is going to be an option. So basically we have to move somewhere we don't want to go, get split up from mates and pay for the privilege.
This is our city, don't make me laugh.

they should stagger yor increase over the next 3 seasons.

But i agree that moving from where you like just to let kids in is a bit unfair. But so many other threads over the season have moaned about wanting louder more adult sections, so shoving all the kids in one is one answer.
I sit east lower, like i did at maine road, and like i stood at maine road, so i know that if i was made to move frmo the view i've watched from for over 20 years i'd be a bit miffed too.

But many in the posts ive read are parents moaning about having to pay more for their kids - and to those people, read my 1st post :)
Having fully read up on everything now, it seems that the idea of turning the whole of the North Stand into a family stand in one fell swoop is a pretty foolish one. Why not just put a stop on newcomers that don't meet the criteria and give the existing ticket holders a 2 or 3 year period in which to shift? As the stand begins to fill with more and more kids, it's likely that they'd voluntarily want to shift anyway eventually. Forcing them out seems a bit draconian.

And are they sure they've properly thought it all through? Those that are forced out of the North Stand will fill the season-ticket gaps that exist elsewhere in the ground. Then in a couple of years time, what happens to the lad and dad who've been sat in the North Stand for 8 years when little Johnny turns 17? They're kicked out of the North Stand as they don't meet any of the criteria but there's nowhere else for them to go. Hardly seems fair.

So if any of you North Standers have got a child whose around 14 years old, I'd look at taking this opportunity to move now before it's too late and you end up with nothing in two or three years time.

I'm all for kids at the match (it's how we all started) but dedicating an entire stand to them seems ridiculous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.