6% increase

Dubai Blue said:
If we're as successful as we all hope we will be, you'll be lucky to even get the back of the gods. They've removed an entire end of the stadium from your list of options, the SS is already full, and the L1 and L2 on the sides will be full/expensive, so it'll just be L3 available. They'd best hurry up and expand the South Stand!

Hence the expanded North Stand....

nu774ll said:
Dubai Blue said:
They mean it in a budget-airline type of way. i.e. you don't get to choose where you sit, you just get what you're given. I imagine you'll be allocated the single seats amongst groups of season ticket seats that are virtually impossible to sell.

What I can't figure out is whether it's open to non-season ticket holders or only existing season-ticket holders.

Yeah i thought something similar to that, but, that totally eliminates buying a season ticket (ValueCard) for you and a mate wanting to sit together doesnt it!)
Yeah, it's only an option for people on their own.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:21 pm --<br /><br />
Project said:
Dubai Blue said:
If we're as successful as we all hope we will be, you'll be lucky to even get the back of the gods. They've removed an entire end of the stadium from your list of options, the SS is already full, and the L1 and L2 on the sides will be full/expensive, so it'll just be L3 available. They'd best hurry up and expand the South Stand!

Hence the expanded North Stand....
This is where a bit of communication from the club would come in handy. If they can assure people like Balti that he'll be ok in 2 or 3 years when his son turns 17, then he knows there's no need to worry.

C_T_I_D said:
I can appreciate what you've said but surely if you want to go that much then you do what you have to do to ensure your place next season because eventually it will get to a stage where the club think (and maybe rightfully so) that if person X doesn't renew, then person Y will replace them and pay the extra to go. It'll get to the extent where loyalty will not be considered or rewarded in my opinion. We'll become a business, if we're not one already.

I think it's terrible that they seem to have slung crap in the faces of people who are forced to move when they sit near relatives or friends and I think the ticket office will come under fire more than ever before, but at the same time the decision has been made and there's little we can do to change it unfortunately.

The days of cheap prices are over in my books, but thats the price of future success.

TBH you didn't seem very appreciative or understanding in your OP.

But anyway, the "if X doesn't want to pay Y will" is a rag philosophy, ithoguht we were to be run with our foundations still very much in the grass roots of the club? I.E the long term supporters? Thats not how this strategy looks to me.

Furthermore, we we're getting 22-24k for Cup mtches, European and Domestic... if the club think we'll have 60k lining up to see us twice a week next season because we get a Torres or a Kaka i'd highly urge them to reasses.

We shouldn't be following the trend, we should be pioneering a new one, and here's where the price arguement comes in: City Street; built and owned by MCFC, the match day revenue will be huge, developed and marketed right, the none match day income will far surpass any other club in the world. I.E we'll have huge and diverse revenue streams from which to balance our books.

Now, match day ticketing is a tiny percentage of overall club revenue. Build the huge stadium, offer dirt cheap tickets, have a reasonable as opposed to extortionate mark up on food/drink/merchandise etc and create a culture where by the stadium is alays full, the match day experience is unique, addictive and overrun by MCFC and watch the cash pour in.

The strategy with next years ST's seems to go against everything we've been told about our 'vision' for the future, and this isn't the first time thats happened.

Scareye said:
First post..Please be gentle!
Whatever happens over the next few years I will not be priced out of watching the club I love. Maybe I could sell my wife!!

Calm down you scar eyed bastard. No one said you were being priced out.
5-6% can't break a love affair that has endured so much.

Mines £500 not bad really, don't mind paying an extra £50 considering where the club is going at the moment, i think it were £448 last season.

but this is just a bit weird, if i decided to move 5 yards to my right it would cost me £100 less?<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:45 pm --<br /><br />
Pigeonho said:
scowy68 said:
Well I'm on a waiting list for a season ticket now and hoping to get mine back again.

You might get Freestyler's.

and why's that then?

none of this affects me, i'm in block 121, mines got up about £50, doesn't bother me to much, the way the clubs goin i expected it, i just think the people who sit in the north stand are getting wrongly treated.

tmouseman said:
Scareye said:
First post..Please be gentle!
Whatever happens over the next few years I will not be priced out of watching the club I love. Maybe I could sell my wife!!

Calm down you scar eyed bastard. No one said you were being priced out.
5-6% can't break a love affair that has endured so much.

A good point, very well put.
Thank you!!

I'll be one the few it benefits then, as the two groups next to me in 137 on either side will be evicted, giving me a better chance of getting an extra 3 season tickets together for the wife and the two youngest to start coming regularly. £1100 for a family of 5 is great value and doesn't come close to making an impact on how much following City costs over the season with travel/train tickets/ petrol etc.

I think for the north stand evictees the £50 discount and then moving to the corners of the east/ CB stands or south stand won't make much difference finanically at least this season, but I fully appreicate the anger that being forced to move, as others have said though it could work out for the best in the long run, a unified section of vocal support, a dedicated familly stand (too big imho) with the sides for the purists/ corporates & ex maine stand crowd.

I sit in CB lv 3 with my son. I get a disabled ticket which cost me £216 last year, now if I want to stay where I am now I will have to pay £320. Thats an increase of £104 or just under 50%. With my sons ticket going up just under 50% as well I would need to pay £460 compared to £310 last year. If I move to the north stand and keep my sons ticket at £95 I still face an increase of £60 or just under 30%. It seems disable people are facing one of the biggest price increases.

Could someone please answer some of the following for me. I've not had time to read everything thats been posted today.

1) Me & My Brother currently in block 242, level 2, of East Stand. Next season is £ 515.00. Is this a 10% increase on this season ?
2) The official site says level 2 will be even more expensive for the following season. Do they not care that I may not be able to afford the seat that I have sat in since the ground opened with friends that I've known for years ?
3) My parents, both 66 years old, currently in North stand lower. As they don't have any kids with them, do they now have to move ? If they have to move to East or Colin Bell stands than they get a 40% increase, £ 295 from £ 210.00. Theres a credit crunch & they are pensioners ffs.
4) Next season, Block 211 classed as South stand £ 420.00. Block 210 classed as East stand £ 515.00. Why £ 95.00 more to sit 1 seat to the side ?
5) Renewal dates of 16th to 22nd June. Does this mean that have approx 7 weeks to find £ 515.00 ? What happened to giving us some notice ?
6) Block 242 East Stand £ 515.00 next season. Block 231 Colin Bell Stand £ 535.00 next season. Why £ 20.00 more for exactley the same seat ?
7) Would we be able to pay less if the club didn't bother to spend money on people to 'entertain' the kids in the family stand & on 'City Street'? Its' on the pitch that I want entertaining.

I am so glad that '
Our fans are at the heart of our Club and our absolute priority is to deliver a premium matchday experience to them, wherever they sit in the ground '

God knows how much prices would have gone up & how many more pensioners they would haved fucked if the fans were not.

Just because other teams are more expensive doesn't make it right.

Hi guys,

It looks like I'm going to be meeting with Danny Wilson quite soon for an extra download for the Podcast. Danny pitched the new seasoncard system to a select group of fans last night and knows it inside out.

If anybody has any questions that you'd like me to put to Danny, please PM me asap.

Ta. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.