#6 | Nathan Aké - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's that big a deal overall.

Don't Ramos and Van Dijk also play on the opposite side as well? Seems to me that if your a top level CB it doesn't matter.

It’s a huge deal to Pep. Pep in the past has made a point of saying how he wants a balanced CB pairing because of the passing angles and speed of pass with their strong foot, i believe it’s as crucial to him as having a ball playing goalkeeper. it was the reason why he tried kolarov there when he first came, we’ve finally got the left side adequately covered, he’s not about to screw it up the other way around now and have two left footers at cb unless he feels there’s no other choice.

Ake probably doesn’t make our strongest lineup but it’s rare you get to play your strongest lineup and it will be rarer still in this condensed season. He will get plenty of games, him and Laporte will rotate like the rest of the squad does, he’ll pop in at left back in place of zinchenko and if we ever go with a back 3/5 there’s room for both

I think Ake is more two-footed than he's given credit for. Him or Laporte could quite easily fill in on the right side and I wouldn't be surprised to see Pep try it depending on new signings/Stones' form.

Hopefully he stays injury free and becomes our new Mr. Dependable.

Remember watching him be Bournemouth's best player against us a couple of seasons ago and thinking he'd fit in well at ours. Glad to see its happening.

Now I'm off to think about what I'll do with the money if I win the lottery.

Played really well against Wolves and clearly loves to defend first and foremost which we have missed since Vinny was in his pomp. If he plays with Laporte though he will play on the right side, Laporte is by far and away our best defender and you don’t play your world class players out of position (if you can help it ofcourse!).

Is just as big a part of the problem as the rest of them, same as he was at Bournemouth. He is a back up centre back and so far, has proven nothing in professional football, certainly not at our level. He gets somewhat of a pass because he has to find his feet but he better find them fast otherwise he will find himself on the bench every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.