#6 | Nathan Aké - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Ake but bemused why his performance thread is the most active.

He had nothing to do tonight, nothing.

If there was a football dictionary and you looked up 6/10 performance it would have his name and game tonight underneath it.
Only if 6 out of 10 was the way you say 8 out of 10.

It's great for the team that Stones plays RB position very well and now we have seen how good Ake is as LB..

No offense, but that Mendy guy who cost 60m - never played at such level throughout his 4-5 years at City and had a lots of errors even in simple matches, always unstable and making incorrect decisions.

Hmmm...

He just doesn't put a foot wrong does he?

Now before someone replies saying why should not making mistakes be a good benchmark, I have to tell you in a Pep Guardiola system, this is extremely difficult for defenders as you are usually only in difficult situations rather than the safety of a low block like Atletico or Burnley.

He should be rewarded to start again, defensive LB or CB, he knows it well.

Waste of space. Will never be good enough, £40 million down the drain, we've already lost everytime he appears on the team sheet...

Making a lot of people look like mugs, long may it continue.

Anyone who actually paid attention to him before he joined us knew he was a quality player.

I totally get people saying we didn't need him and all that, even if I disagreed with it, but it never ceases to amaze me how so many of these people have spent so much of their lives watching this sport and still wouldn't know talent if it bit them on the arse.

We're really, really lucky to have the four centreback options we have, especially when you consider how ridiculously hit and miss we were with this position for years.

As my comment on the Sterling thread, we ignored the team ignored the left hand side 1st half

Anyone who actually paid attention to him before he joined us knew he was a quality player.

I totally get people saying we didn't need him and all that, even if I disagreed with it, but it never ceases to amaze me how so many of these people have spent so much of their lives watching this sport and still wouldn't know talent if it bit them on the arse.

We're really, really lucky to have the four centreback options we have, especially when you consider how ridiculously hit and miss we were with this position for years.
Even the we didn't need him claims were utter bollocks. Of course when we've got 4 fit and firing centre backs at least 1 wont be required in that precise moment but centre backs gets injured a lot and a loss of form can be catastrophic. Every single squad in the league has 4 centre backs as a minimum, Chelsea have about 7. The suggestion that we only need 3 is moronic on its own but to still have that view when we were forced to play Fernandinho at centre back for an entire season because we ballsed up big time and went with 3 just a few seasons back makes it even more unbelievable.

Another great game and another name on the 'list of players who proved Bluemoon wrong'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.