#6 | Nathan Aké - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be that guy, but this is another case of a player looking more at home after a season to settle.

*Looks sheepishly at Grealish's thread...

I've pretty much given up on the player threads now. Too many people with weird biases and too many old dogs who refuse to learn to have patience with new players, despite how many times they get taught that lesson.

Ake and Grealish are the latest but they won't be the last.

I’ve given the lad a lot of stick, in the main because he’s never really convinced me that he feels he belongs at this level. It felt like we had paid £40m for a guy who was happy to come in and be 4th choice CB. He had never really challenged those in front of him and given the impression that he thought he could be 1st choice.

Tonight he was fucking immense when he came on. I gave him MOTM even though I have had wanks last longer than the time he was on the pitch.

Fantastic effort and a continuation of more confident performances this season.
All right Sting

Not to be that guy, but this is another case of a player looking more at home after a season to settle.

*Looks sheepishly at Grealish's thread...
I don't think that's really been the case here. He's rarely been anything less than decent from the beginning. He made a few errors at the start in a short period, errors that every defender makes and will continue to make, the problem was he was unfortunate enough that every single error he made was ending up as a goal against. It was just terrible luck, others were making similar errors and getting away with them at the same time.

The biggest problem with Ake has been peoples inability to recognise there's different roles within the squad and not everybody has to be a clear upgrade on what we have already to be valuable. You only need to see zinchenkos thread over the seasons and to a lesser extent Jesus' for other examples of this.

Been a lot stronger as a whole this year for us, went through a tough time as well.

I get people had doubts after some of his performances last year, but we know how it can take even the best of players a year to settle into this team, it also doesn't help that the 3 other CB's are the best in the positions of their respective countries.

To come on late in a game like that into an absolute fucking bear pit and to revel in the situation and excel as he did is a mark of the man’s character.

He’s blossoming before our eyes and is clearly now one of the best defenders in the league.

Superb.

Acclimatised immediately,which was magnificent in itself....and helped instill the 'they shall not pass' mentality.

I dont think its an overreaction to suggest we would be out of the competition without his introduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.