#6 | Nathan Aké - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the best individual defensive displays we've seen all season. Was outstanding yesterday.

Also, he's the only defender in the entire squad that plays to the fucking whistle! All of our defenders have a dreadful habit of riaisng their arm, practically stopping and looking at the linesman before trying to recover. I despise it! Even more so now we have var, just play on!

Ake has really stepped up in the last few weeks and did it again yesterday. He deserves a lot of credit for his recent performances and whist Stones, Dias and Laporte are ahead of him, he has proved a very capable deputy.

I do wonder sometimes if his experience of fighting relegation and playing backs-to-the-wall for years at Bournemouth really helps in situations where we need to dig in and take it to the trenches. The vast majority of our players have either only ever played for big, successful clubs or at least not played for relegation candidates for a very long time

Ake is now showing just why we signed him with excellent performances at CB and LB. He's a utility player given the quality of our squad - but an excellent backup. I hope he doesn't become frustrated with a backup/utility role, because his latest performances illustrate that he's class.

He's been very good recently, i don't worry when he has to come in anymore but in saying that, i wouldn't want him to play every week

He played quite a few games at left back for Netherlands and maybe that's where he could regularly play for us.
Would offer zero going forwards though and in our team we can’t have 2 fullbacks doing that when most weeks we play against parked busses.However, disagree about his height being an issue as he’s got a great jump on him and is very good in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.