#6 | Nathan Aké - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's one of our best in the air, maybe the best after Stones. He dominated 6'6" Wout Weghorst. I don't think it's really a problem to be honest.
Not from the biggest of sample sizes but he has the 2nd highest success rate in aerial duels in the PL and, for that matter, in the big 5 European Leagues. He's just behind the number 1 - Mr Stones :)

Not from the biggest of sample sizes but he has the 2nd highest success rate in aerial duels in the PL and, for that matter, in the big 5 European Leagues. He's just behind the number 1 - Mr Stones :)

I'm not particularly surprised, even if I haven't seen the stats.

He was great at attacking the ball from set pieces at Bournemouth but I wasn't too sure he'd handle headers on the back foot as well as when he's attacking the ball. Turns out he's just incredibly athletic.

love him but his lack of height may go against him becoming elite.

Height is given too much importance imo.

It wont matter to Ake because he has excellent athleticism, heading ability and positional awareness that more than make up for it.

There's quite a few legendary defenders that were shorter than him and didn't have the same level of athleticism.

It wont matter to Ake because he has excellent athleticism, heading ability and positional awareness that more than make up for it.

There's quite a few legendary defenders that were shorter than him and didn't have the same level of athleticism.
I really hope you're right. It was just the way Konate brushed aside Nathan and a couple of others as he scored at Wembley.
Mind you , any ball in the box in the air has to be the keepers

Correct.

Height is only a problem if you don't have the jumping power to compensate.

Ake clearly does, he has crazy leaps and times them very well.

Just watched again his clearance off the line at Arsenal. That was such an important intervention as without we could be 2 points behind the Scouse vermin now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.