#6 | Nathan Aké - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The situation with Ake is a strange one.

Sat on the bench when we had serious CB/FB issues at the end of the season, rumours that he was carrying an injury, yet within 10 days of the end of the season is playing for his country.

A falling out/ lack of trust with Pep?
I am not ITK but personally think it's more likely with only 3 subs available in the PL and Ake's rolling of his ankle likely to recur, Pep couldn't take a chance wasting a sub? If we had 5 subs like next season, I suspect Pep would have chanced playing Ake, even with an ankle that wasn't 100%. Ake performed well in his cameo's at the end of the season.
They have more subs at the international matches so they can afford to see how he goes.

I am not ITK but personally think it's more likely with only 3 subs available in the PL and Ake's rolling of his ankle likely to recur, Pep couldn't take a chance wasting a sub? If we had 5 subs like next season, I suspect Pep would have chanced playing Ake, even with an ankle that wasn't 100%. Ake performed well in his cameo's at the end of the season.
They have more subs at the international matches so they can afford to see how he goes.
Completely backwards! Start a player in that situation, he can't continue, sub him off........or sub him on, he lasts 5mins, extra sub used, and if all used, we play out with 10 men......not exactly rocket science ;)

Hopefully he stays but who will replace him if he goes?
Can't rely on John Stones staying fit

He seems to have recovered quickly

Completely backwards! Start a player in that situation, he can't continue, sub him off........or sub him on, he lasts 5mins, extra sub used, and if all used, we play out with 10 men......not exactly rocket science ;)
I respectfully disagree, you are assuming we have to play him at some point which we didn't necessarily need to do! If we have acceptable alternatives, (playing players without injuries?), a better solution might be to save precious subs for tactical substitutions rather than replacing those who aren't match fit, whether they start or not?

As it happened both Sterling and Gundogan made vital contributions as subs, to recover the match.

Last edited:
It’s 2 years and he has not broken through. I think last season he played very well and we all felt the drop off when he played had gone.

I’m assuming we’ll try and get another year out of him.

The links to Howe at Newcastle are very predictable.

It’s 2 years and he has not broken through. I think last season he played very well and we all felt the drop off when he played had gone.

I’m assuming we’ll try and get another year out of him.

The links to Howe at Newcastle are very predictable.
He's been injured for much of this time. His latest appearances have been class.

I'll be very sad to see him go. Would honestly rather lose, for example, Grealish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.