6 | Nathan Ake - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer having fullbacks first and foremost be rock solid defenders and Ake has that in spades.

What I also like is lately you can see his read of when he is allowed to go up is alot better, and how to support the attack.

He had one game a couple months ago where he pushed up without thinking and we got exposed down his side, but he is alot smarter about it ( or the team adjust better when he does it )

I can't believe it was his first yellow of the season, he covers about a third of the pitch by himself.

I prefer having fullbacks first and foremost be rock solid defenders and Ake has that in spades.

What I also like is lately you can see his read of when he is allowed to go up is alot better, and how to support the attack.

He had one game a couple months ago where he pushed up without thinking and we got exposed down his side, but he is alot smarter about it ( or the team adjust better when he does it )
He's also more predictable (in a good way!) when he supports the attack than Cancelo ever was. Grealish especially benefits from Aké in that role because he knows where Nathan is going to be in any given situation. It's actual support

Having the season of his life, brilliant again today. Fast becoming one of our most important players.

He’s so good it makes me feel bad we’re linked to gvardiol.

I hope he’s here until he’s 35. Great defender, seems like a great guy.

First booking of the season and he didn’t even do anything wrong!

Getting more and more confident with his feet too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.