6 | Nathan Ake - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magnificent player, if Haaland hadn't scored 27 goals he'd be our player of the season.

I don't see why he wouldn't be. His defensive blocks, tackles and authority has probably saved as many goals as Haaland has scored.
Haaland is an individual phenomenon. Ake is a genuine team player.

I'll start by saying I really like him as a person and player and he's doing a hell of a job at left-back despite being a center back but I do feel like the praise is a bit over the top.

Brilliant again! A vital challenge to keep it 1-0. I even think his forward passing is improving.

With Rodri, he’s been our best player this season.

Brilliant again! A vital challenge to keep it 1-0. I even think his forward passing is improving.

With Rodri, he’s been our best player this season.
This is a good observation. It's his obvious improvement that is key to everything we do. At first, he was really a blocker in that position with no forward impetus. Now, his forward running and passing is so much better. I just want to see him continue to improve and work hard at his game. I think he may well end up being the best of our makeshift left-backs from the last 5 years.

Remember after his first season? There were plenty on here discussing the possibility of the club moving him on. Think Grealish had the same "problem". And, IIRC, Rodri also had an underwhelming first season with us. There's a lesson to be learned re giving players time to adapt to playing under Fraudi Pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.