6 | Nathan Ake - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat defender in the league.

The match may have gone very differently if not for his calm, cool, collected approach to defending 1v1 situations.

It was his coolness under fire that impressed me there. He didn't panic, he knew he had the speed to get back and approximately put pressure on the Saints player, and just generally put him off. That's what he did. What I thank God for is that Ed didn't have one of his Mad Max moments and come haring out, and get sent off for taking out the player. Perhaps he's learning to trust his defenders.

absolute player of the season for me at present....the improvement in his game at left back is phenominal (but not unsuprising for an intelligent player). His link up play and invovlement in build up on our left hand side is as good as anyone else we have had there and his defensive qualities have never been in doubt....

What a fantastic season he has. Clearly not droppable for anyone, our most consistent player by far this season. Should be in team of the season but will likely not be there as many times proved there are only assists and goals what counts.

I just love it when we buy players who get loads of sinffy comments early doors and then get to a point where Pep himself says they are undroppable.

Very pleased for Nathan because he seems to be such a nice guy; mind you City do have a type and he fits the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.