6 | Nathan Ake - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nathan looked a bit exposed today but he pulled a great shift we are lucky to have him.

Very much hope he is right. We really need him for the run-in.

As much as people were complaining about Coman taking him to task last night, that was always going to happen (they were desperate), and all the other players knew it, and provided support.

And they still never scored down his side.

He is an immense footballer and deserves to help us on the pitch to lift the CL trophy.

That said, even if he is out the rest of the season, he has had an absolutely brilliant campaign and I think is in with a shout for POTS.

A bit concerning this tbh. I would say the most significant improvement in our recent form has been down to better defending. We've always created changes and score goals, but in recent years - even earlier this season - we've had a tendency to concede sloppy goals. How many times have we dropped points to teams that we have battered, only to see them score with their only chance?

But not now - we've looked really solid at the back and therefore we are winning games consistently. Ake has been a crucial part of this, and even if he is only out for a couple of games, it could not have come at a worse time.

A bit concerning this tbh. I would say the most significant improvement in our recent form has been down to better defending. We've always created changes and score goals, but in recent years - even earlier this season - we've had a tendency to concede sloppy goals. How many times have we dropped points to teams that we have battered, only to see them score with their only chance?

But not now - we've looked really solid at the back and therefore we are winning games consistently. Ake has been a crucial part of this, and even if he is only out for a couple of games, it could not have come at a worse time.
I didn’t like Laportes defending for the Forest equaliser, and I don’t think pep has forgiven him for it. I think Ake has been great in keeping in form players quiet ( like Saka). So I’m a bit concerned about that left side. Laportes gone in the summer so I’m hoping he can put a shift in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.