6 | Nathan Ake - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I wish we were more careful with him. After Wednesday night, there was no need to play him against Leeds. It is what it is, though. I hope we can manage without him.

The thing is, we should be able to play him twice in a week.

I love the guy, he's really won me over this season and has excelled - and been a defensive breath of fresh air to the liability who left in January - but his injury problems have always been there. To the point I was surprised we'd got so many weeks/months out of him week in, week out.

I was nervous about him playing so much after his hamstring injury, I said before Saturday's match:
"Last time he did pulled his hamstring, after a rest for a number of weeks, he came back played 2 matches then did it again and was out for months" (see graphic below), we need to nurse players back gradually after hamstring injuries!View attachment 78078
Was incredibly reckless playing him twice in 4 days right after the quickest return from a hamstring injury I’ve ever seen.

Why did we have to play him against Leeds when he could have had 4 more days of recovery/strengthening and been ready for Madrid? :(

Pep said himself that after missing a week to ten days, it changes nothing. You can play. So it’s not like he needed game time for his match sharpness or anything.

I'd much rather he's out and brought back for, maybe, Everton, or the return leg of this upcoming match. Although I don't entirely trust Akanji (he's done well this season, better than I expected), I think he's reliable if he's got Stones, Días and Walker alongside him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.